Where does it go?

RachelnLa

Is anyone using the under-floor storage bins in the back seat? Or the little storage trays on the floor on the outboard edges of the front seats? I have no idea what use I could possibly have for any of them.

Underfloor (aka Han Solo smuggling compartment) behind the passenger I have one of those hammer thingies that will smash a car window and cut seatbelts.  The storage tray outboard of my seat has a pen and a mini leatherman.

Edited by SBGrad

• 1 month later...

Okay I'm going on memory but here is my storage. I keep my manual, napkins, spork, pen and paper in the glove box. In the arm rest deep hole I keep another pen, my screen wipy thingy, hand sanitizer, store cards for grocery stores and other stores. In my side pockets on the doors I keep extra driving glasses, a small umbrella, & gloves. In the little tray beside each front door my husband keeps his sunglasses and I have a small foldable shopping bag in mine. BTW my husband loves the little strips on the sunvisors that can hold mail, coupons, or other papers. I keep Lara Bars in the small hidden compartment under the floor mats in the back seat area. I'm sure in time I'll fill them up. I also keep maps in the pockets behind the seats. Hopefully with more ideas from other owners. I'm going to think about the registrations and money ideas. In the little net things on each side of the trunk area I keep a hand crank radio, a trunk tie in case I need to leave it open. I keep my battery charging cables in the storage under the trunk area above the battery. Okay now I'm going back downstairs to have a look again to see what else I have......Okay I found a small Swiss Army knif in the deep armrest pocket and chap stick too. I also put my small brush and pan in the hidden pocket behind the driver's seat. I also keep a container with water behind the seat for the dog, a box of tissues, and a small trash can with a flap that shuts after you put something in it. In the rear net side pockets I also have raincoats that are air tight and don't take much room, a piece of plastic to cover the rear storage area if needed, a collapsable storage container for items that I don't want to fall over and finally recyclable grocery bags. It may seem like a lot but when I transfered my stuff from my Jeep it filled up the trunk area of Max. When I loaded up Max with all my goodies I felt relieved and lighter than in the Jeep.

Edited by bsmax

Okay I'm going on memory but here is my storage. I keep my manual, napkins, spork, pen and paper in the glove box. In the arm rest deep hole I keep another pen, my screen wipy thingy, hand sanitizer, store cards for grocery stores and other stores. In my side pockets on the doors I keep extra driving glasses, a small umbrella, & gloves. In the little tray beside each front door my husband keeps his sunglasses and I have a small foldable shopping bag in mine. BTW my husband loves the little strips on the sunvisors that can hold mail, coupons, or other papers. I keep Lara Bars in the small hidden compartment under the floor mats in the back seat area. I'm sure in time I'll fill them up. I also keep maps in the pockets behind the seats. Hopefully with more ideas from other owners. I'm going to think about the registrations and money ideas. In the little net things on each side of the trunk area I keep a hand crank radio, a trunk tie in case I need to leave it open. I keep my battery charging cables in the storage under the trunk area above the battery. Okay now I'm going back downstairs to have a look again to see what else I have......Okay I found a small Swiss Army knif in the deep armrest pocket and chap stick too. I also put my small brush and pan in the hidden pocket behind the driver's seat. I also keep a container with water behind the seat for the dog, a box of tissues, and a small trash can with a flap that shuts after you put something in it. In the rear net side pockets I also have raincoats that are air tight and don't take much room, a piece of plastic to cover the rear storage area if needed, a collapsable storage container for items that I don't want to fall over and finally recyclable grocery bags. It may seem like a lot but when I transfered my stuff from my Jeep it filled up the trunk area of Max. When I loaded up Max with all my goodies I felt relieved and lighter than in the Jeep.

Dude, you're a closet pack rat  ;) 

..but you have everything at hand while us mortals will be scrambling to improvise  :baby:

I honestly broke down and bought a clear plastic tub to toss everything into and it lives in the cargo area.  I've got all sorts of stuff in there.  Oh, just so you all know, you can go to Lowe's Garden Center and take plastic to line the back of your car with.  The last time I bought plants, I grabbed a bunch of plastic and it's now in the some of the netting in the cargo area.

Yes! Thanks. That's a great idea. Well, both the tub and the plastic to line the back. A friend did that on the drivers side. He cut it to fit up high like the pedals and then down under the seat. He put the mats on top of that. No worries. Oh, he did put a towel rolled into a long roll under the seat so if liquid fell on the floor it didn't run under the seat. The towel stopped it.

You are so smart! I had a small plastic container that held first aid stuff but never thought of a catch all tub.

At first I was going to put stuff in the under-the-floor compartments.  But the reality is that they aren't that convenient to get in and out of.  The tub works better for me.  I even put a small fire extinguisher in it.  And, if I need more cargo space for one trip, it can just come out and the stuff inside it can then go under the floor.

I don't carry a lot of stuff in mine to keep weight down. (Better mpg). I have a jumper battery pack and an umbrella in the back cargo area. I keep my iPod and charger for my cell phone in the center armrest. I keep my insurance card and registration in the clip on the underside of the center armrest top. Have my owners manual and a note pad in the glove box with a pen clipped on the glove box door

I bought mind at Walmart a few yrs back. I searched the site but couldn't find them. I searched online and found they make them in designs.

http://www.car-coaster.com/

Rachel how well does that coaster fit in the cup holder of the C-Max?  Or should I say is it about the same diameter?  Or real loose fitting?  Curious cause they do get nasty with several beverages sweating in there.