WeatherTech Digital Fit mats

dtorres

• 3 weeks later...

What a bone head I am!  I ordered the digital WeatherTech floor mats for the front of my C-Max.  I thought they seemed awfully expensive for two front mats i.e. $279.  Well UPS just knocked at the door and it appears that I ordered two sets for the front.  I just emailed them confessing to being a dolt and asking them to send the rears and pick up the extra set.  It's just two easy-click and you have something ordered.

I have always loved WeatherTechs.  Just ordered mine for our C-Max, front and rear seats.  Hope everyone will contact them to get us rear cargo area mats asap. Here is the note I sent them:

"Please expedite DigitalFit cargo area mats – one for behind back row seats, and one for entire cargo area with second row seats folded down. It would be nice if it rolled down in back to protect the face of the raised floor."

Which would you prefer? One for just the rear area, or one that covers the entire space including the folded down rear seats;  or perhaps a third that covers the back of the folded seats and butts up against the rear cargo one when installed? 

Nick

DaveofD, the beauty of WeatherTechs for me are several.  First, they have a lip or raised elevation all around and therefore catch as much as is possible.  Secondly, they are easy to clean & dry fast.  Thirdly, they are much lighter weight then rubber mats.  Also, they usually fit great.

I do see an issue with the back seat mat.  As a one piece, it will be difficult to remove for washing.  With kids or dogs............ I would consider cutting it in two.  I will also consider cutting out the center hump completely.  (EDIT:  Na, works fine as is, and keeps whole floor protected)

I noticed a wall display of WeatherTech mats at my Ford dealer - check them out in person somewhere at other dealers perhaps.

Thanks for the photos dt.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Also I was concerned about getting to the second row storage areas on the floor. It's no problem at all to lift one side to access the storage area.

One additional pitch for these mats. The third row mat in my wife's Taurus X was warping and bending at the edged after 2.5 years (3 year warranty). Called Weather Tech and they said no problem we'll send you a replacement free of charge. Great customer service.

Hubby just popped in our WeatherTech digital liners.  They went in easily and look great (fronts only purchased).  We vacuumed and cleaned first.  Checked tire pressure and it was 32 in all four so hubby upped it to 38.  I am the bone head that ordered two sets of front digital liners in grey.  So if there are any BC Lower Mainlanders out there, I have another set of fronts in grey for sale at the price I paid $140 including tax.  I prefer not to have to pay for the shipping to send them back.  Tip will deliver them and if you don't have your C-Max yet you can take her for a spin.  I will email my salesman and he may be able to sell them for me.

Edited by Laurel

Installed my WeatherTechs yesterday and they fit great, front & back seats.  Now if only they come up with the cargo area soon.  I have one minor complaint, however, the logo on the fronts is huge, say 1.5" by 5" in a raised fashion.  I am not sure it won't be a nuisance somehow.  OK two complaints:  as noted on an earlier thread, I was concerned that they did not take the left foot rest area high enough - sure enough it is too short, Darn!  Oh well, a little care to not wear a spot on that footrest.

Hope you find a buyer for your extra fronts, Laurel;  worst case a compromise on price.

Nick 

PS  As good as these are, another complaint is that the passenger side should also go a couple inches higher to cover the top of the shoe, frustrating - so close to perfection.

P1020335 1

P1020327 2

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Thanks Nick!  I was optimistic until we went into the dealership yesterday and found out that C-Max's aren't a hot commodity around here. I can't believe the lack of advertising.  We do see a nightly C-Max ad in the news hour time slot, but we have never seen one advertised in a newspaper here with other Ford models.  So I may have to fire sell them down the road.  I would rather pay to ship to them to a person versus paying to ship them back to WeatherTech.  So down the road I may advertise them on the forum. 

We just got our C-max this weekend and was looking for some good floor mats.

Since their factory store is close by I am going to pay them a visit this weekend :shift:

So I just picked up the floor mats and they fit nicely (both front and back).

Only gripe I have is that the driver size could have been a little higher on the left front side. If I have a dirty left shoe it might stain the carpeting.

Wow, these things fit really really exactly.  Its actually quite impressive.

I wish they were a tad thicker, they seem a little thin.  OR - at least for the driver side, make the area where the heels rest all the time thicker - and keep all the rest of the areas as-is.

I always seem to wear a hole in my mats right where our right heel rests on the mat.  Making just that section extra thick would extend the life of these things greatly...

Also - and this is maybe just because I have a lot of graphic designers and artists in my family - and I am an analyst, so I tend to be critical about form AND function - but if I pay $100 for floor mats they could come with a little classier logo.

I mean come on, Weather-Tech should be proud of their producst.  Emboss the logo in the square area, and keep it nice and simple and clean.  But instead we get a vintage 1987 puffy reflective sticker that looks tacky and cheesy as hell.  But hey, if you want the cheesy tacky crappy reflective bubble sticker, AT LEAST put it on straight - and not cock-eyed in the rectangle where it is designed to go. 

So I promptly removed the tacky ugly stickers from the floor mats.  Too bad, Weather-Tech deserves to have their name on them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does Weathertech make a rear cargo liner yet? Thanks

I was looking for a WeatherTech cargo liner, too, but the website says it's still not available as of today.  As mentioned above, you can submit a request for them to consider manufacturing a particular item at their website. Here is the link:  http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

I was looking for a WeatherTech cargo liner, too, but the website says it's still not available as of today.  As mentioned above, you can submit a request for them to consider manufacturing a particular item at their website. Here is the link:  http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

Because they haven't produced one yet I ended up going with the Ford cargo liner and have been very pleased with it.  It's made similar to the WeatherTech floor liners.

Because they haven't produced one yet I ended up going with the Ford cargo liner and have been very pleased with it.  It's made similar to the WeatherTech floor liners.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried the Ford liner, but it was about six inches too short in the rear where things would drag across the carpet when loading and unloading.  The website says it is for the Energi.  So, perhaps the Energi cargo dimensions are different. 

I bought a complete set of Husky brand in black to go with the light tan interior of ours. They seem a little lightweight & somewhat cheesy for the price, but they do a great job covering the driver's side "dead pedal" completely. Would have probably gotten the Weathertechs, but the online rep I chatted with said they didn't cover that driver side pedal. Shut down that sale quickly as that's where my foot is 95% of the time. Bought mine from Amazon with free "Prime" shipping.