Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

600+Mile CMax Club

• Please log in to reply
1329 replies to this topic

#1321 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 699 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:09 PM

O wow!  Looks like a new record both for miles/tank and MPG on the whole tank! :congrats:

As to flying solo, my high mileage runs were when I had opportunity to go alone.  You have to admit, the Hypermiling Hybrid Hobby is hardly a spectator sport - neither for passengers nor those behind us!

• ptjones likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#1322 OFFLINE   C-MaxSea

C-MaxSea

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 958 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle, WA USA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • My C-MAX's Color:Sterling Gray
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL, 303A, Pano Sunroof, Born Aug 2012

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

My wife wouldn't last three miles with hypermiling, thus none. (I agree with Frank)

Huge CONGRAT's Paul !!!  Keep on inspiring !!!

• ptjones likes this

#1323 OFFLINE   edward stewart

edward stewart

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth of Atlanta GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • My C-MAX's Color:Oxford White
  • Current Vehicle:c-max se

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:23 AM

HI Gang, it been a while. As it always happens, you can't plan on breaking any records in the Southeast in the fall, be it a hurricane or in this case a pipeline break, ugg, I'd just started my attempt to break my previous record in the late summer, early fall weather. (I Can't live without my AC in the hot GA summer sun) When the pipeline broke.

Now with A/C, I now normally hit the high 500 to low 600 mark with E0. I had started my attempt to break my previous record and I was well on my way to getting close to a record on that first tank for the fall season. Oil changed. Tires inflated to 45psi. 

GAS PANIC!! With only 200 miles left on the first tank, and not sure how bad it was going to be, I toped my car off with E10, Shell 87. 8.5 gallons worth. Just ugg....  bye, bye 600-mile tank. 

So I'm riding along in super gas saver / crisis mode, I'm going to make this tank last as long as I can. Nothing above 55mph, no AC, no heated seat :-( no day driving lights.  No extra trips. 

For what ever reason, the miles left did not indicate I had enough fuel to get home, so I had to add more full. O well

So close, yet so far in breaking my record, in hostile conditions.

Attached Files

#1324 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 2,979 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

HI Gang, it been a while. As it always happens, you can't plan on breaking any records in the Southeast in the fall, be it a hurricane or in this case a pipeline break, ugg, I'd just started my attempt to break my previous record in the late summer, early fall weather. (I Can't live without my AC in the hot GA summer sun) When the pipeline broke.

Now with A/C, I now normally hit the high 500 to low 600 mark with E0. I had started my attempt to break my previous record and I was well on my way to getting close to a record on that first tank for the fall season. Oil changed. Tires inflated to 45psi. 

GAS PANIC!! With only 200 miles left on the first tank, and not sure how bad it was going to be, I toped my car off with E10, Shell 87. 8.5 gallons worth. Just ugg....  bye, bye 600-mile tank. 

So I'm riding along in super gas saver / crisis mode, I'm going to make this tank last as long as I can. Nothing above 55mph, no AC, no heated seat :-( no day driving lights.  No extra trips. 

For what ever reason, the miles left did not indicate I had enough fuel to get home, so I had to add more full. O well

So close, yet so far in breaking my record, in hostile conditions.

Looks Like you made it. :yahoo: Congratulations! :happy feet:  Next time 50psi and Premium E10 93octane gas "Cheaper"  than E0 and almost as good. You can always add NOS Octane Booster from Walmart to boost Octane and clean injectors. :)  You could make it to 700 miles.  Grill Covers?

NOSOctanebooster

Paul

#1325 OFFLINE   edward stewart

edward stewart

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth of Atlanta GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • My C-MAX's Color:Oxford White
  • Current Vehicle:c-max se

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:14 PM

Looks Like you made it. :yahoo: Congratulations! :happy feet:  Next time 50psi and Premium E10 93octane gas "Cheaper"  than E0 and almost as good. You can always add NOS Octane Booster from Walmart to boost Octane and clean injectors. :)  You could make it to 700 miles.  Grill Covers?

Paul

The EO is the same price point as the mid grade fuel. Way cheaper in the atlanta market. :-) 

I thought Ford was very strict on adding adiatives to the fuel tank in this particular engine. I would want to frag my waranty. 

#1326 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 2,979 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:12 AM

Paul

The EO is the same price point as the mid grade fuel. Way cheaper in the atlanta market. :-) 
 Here in South Atlanta E0 90octane goes for $3.29, I can get 93 Octane E10 at BJ's for $2.53. :)
I thought Ford was very strict on adding adiatives to the fuel tank in this particular engine. I would want to frag my waranty. 

I looked through OM and didn't see anything on Fuel injector Cleaner/Octane Booster. My FE improves after using it, I have 138K mi.and My BlackStone Labs Oil analyst looks great! :yahoo: My FE keeps on getting better too. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 20 October 2016 - 09:42 AM.

#1327 OFFLINE   joshg678

joshg678

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 78 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEarth
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • My C-MAX's Color:Magnetic
  • Current Vehicle:16 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

Attached File  IMG_3866.JPG   121.13KB   0 downloads

Count me in! With the warmer weather we've had brought my daily MPG to 50-52 and got me to the 600+ club.
I still had 21 miles to Empty
  • ptjones likes this

#1328 OFFLINE   C-MaxSea

C-MaxSea

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 958 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle, WA USA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • My C-MAX's Color:Sterling Gray
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL, 303A, Pano Sunroof, Born Aug 2012

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

:victory: Congrats joshg678 !  Great start, not too hard eh, with Spring like weather.  I see a 700 in your future. 

Nick 

#1329 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 699 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Good job joshg678.  Sadly though, the "Honor Role" hasn't been updated for like a year - it seems our moderators have moved on to better and greater things - perhaps a BEV!

• ptjones likes this

#1330 OFFLINE   joshg678

joshg678

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 78 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEarth
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • My C-MAX's Color:Magnetic
  • Current Vehicle:16 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

Thanks guys. It seems after filling up the temps dropped again. Probably have to wait for my next 600+ tank.
  • ptjones likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·