Another MFT glitch - it froze while driving!

So here I was this morning heading to another job, cruising along the 118 westward. Navigation screen was on (but no destination set) and listening to a high beat Nelly Furtado (you'll know that song if you followed another thread of mine) and then NO music. 

WTF!

The navigation screen was also frozen, the red cursor did not move and the map did not move.

So I pressed the On/Off switch and after about 3 presses, the music was back on and surprisingly the navigation screen showed me moving and cruising on the screen. No problem...hmmmh.

So when I took my lovely run down Box Canyon to Valley Circle to head to Woodland Hills, I noticed the clock was frozen and the navigation street name was "118 Ronald Reagan".

So I carried on my tasks since the car seems to be functioning, music was on and the map was moving and then I snapped the following picture at the end:

8412713260_30c2a28913_c.jpg

Which showed the clock has frozen at the time the MFT crashed and the nvigation street/road name still stuck on the highway where it crashed. I stopped the car, turned it off and turned it back on and MFT was fine.

I have never seen this on my MFT.

Has anyone else come across this?
Edited by Jus-A-CMax

:doh:  I never had any MFT issues until I started hanging around this forum...now its all starting to happen to me.....did I just get jinxed  :headscratch: 

I had 2 calls from Galpin about my GPS issue so they are concerned but what can they do - the software and card is the latest so it's all on Ford to release the next update. May be I'll go back to them to get them to reboot the MFT or can we do this ourselves?

Here is my list anybody want to add theirs:!Clock changes like crazy

• Voice commands does not recognize me a lot
  • Touch display and controls froze in backup camera mode
  • I never see any weather on the weather map
  • I lose radio preset display a lot
  • Sometimes its really jerky and slow like its coming out of sleep mode
  • air recycle comes and goes in a somewhat irational manner - IE its their on startup and sometimes not and sometimes it turns off while driving

I had two freezing issues where it just locked up and wouldn't do anything. Both times I had the maps up and showing but was not navigating. Both times had to stop, turn off the car, pop the door, then close it to kill the accessories stay on delay and restart the car to fix it.

I had two freezing issues where it just locked up and wouldn't do anything. Both times I had the maps up and showing but was not navigating. Both times had to stop, turn off the car, pop the door, then close it to kill the accessories stay on delay and restart the car to fix it.

Yep, thats exactly what I had - however, I used the On/Off button next to the volume switch to get some function going again.

Come to think of it, I think I hit the voice command paddle and then SYNC went nutz.

Also, remember my other thread where the SYNC would not switch off, I think I press the voice command paddle there as well - I wonder if this all has to do with the voice command paddle....

For me, voice command just plain doesn't listen. Even tho it says the phone is always on, when I hit the paddle and say a name to call, it says; Please say a command. So I say the name again and it says: Please say a device name. Remember, phone is always on. You can say, blah, blah, blah yackity schmackity. FINALLY I say: Phone. Ok, Phone, please say a command. After the 4th try, it may or may not make the call.

I'm meeting with the tech guy at my dealership on Monday to go over some of this.

For me, voice command just plain doesn't listen. Even tho it says the phone is always on, when I hit the paddle and say a name to call, it says; Please say a command. So I say the name again and it says: Please say a device name. Remember, phone is always on. You can say, blah, blah, blah yackity schmackity. FINALLY I say: Phone. Ok, Phone, please say a command. After the 4th try, it may or may not make the call.

I'm meeting with the tech guy at my dealership on Monday to go over some of this.

Adair, same here too...it could be Aus accent as well. Let me know what they say...

But I think it's linked to activating the paddle while the map screen is up on the screen and tracking you.

Outside of the two freezes its actually been working well. I struggled with it in the beginning until I learned the commands it expects to hear and now its been working well. The only exception is I still have problems getting it to recognize street names and numbers sometimes.