Stupid place to put a panel!

Jus-A-CMax

So as much as I rave about the solid build of my Max, she has some silliness in her - not her fault, just her designer.

There is a small trapezium shape panel and Ford placed it near the accelerator pedal. Every so often, it always manages to come off, snap it back on, and next time it comes off again. Repeat that at least twice a week.

This is the panel:

8412714016_b6cd9e3e84_c.jpg

Anyone else?

Also, what is that panel for?

Also, what is that panel for?

I believe, but I'm not sure, that is for techs to access the shifter assembly.  See Page 210 in your Owners Manual for the procedure to release the transmission from Park in an emergency.  The panel you're popping, on the Drivers side, is for the tech to access the shifter to put it back together....

I've never had an issue with that panel- I never realized there was one in that location. I've had a couple of other trim details that needed correction and the dealer was quick to take care of them.

On a side note, if I took a photo of the footwell of my C-Max today practically every visible surface would be coated with a thick layer of road salt tracked in by my boots.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, they could have done a better job with the covering down there but right now this panel is p*ssing me orf, it came off again and I showed the engineers at Irvine this as well as the scuff marks since they did ask about what I thought about the position of the pedals - suxor.

Its off to Galpin on Monday to see about this, the liftgate and the MFT update, hope to have some news.

• 1 month later...

I'm with ya, Jus. One week in, got in the car to head back to the dealer and felt something land on my foot this morning. When I went to snap it back in it kinda felt like it was bulging in the middle and not seating properly. None of the tabs were broken, so if it happens again I think I'll just put a dab of clear silicone on a corner, which shouldn't preclude removal in the future, if needed.

• 1 month later...

If you look carefully, it looks like my shoe might be hitting the panel, the scuff marks on the side is close. Next time it falls off, I'll take it down to Galpin - not sure what they can do as the panel does not seem to be broken.

What size are your shoes?

I'm with ya, Jus. One week in, got in the car to head back to the dealer and felt something land on my foot this morning. When I went to snap it back in it kinda felt like it was bulging in the middle and not seating properly. None of the tabs were broken, so if it happens again I think I'll just put a dab of clear silicone on a corner, which shouldn't preclude removal in the future, if needed.

I reported to Galpin and they ordered a new panel. Its been fine since then :)  So not only do we have a bad bunch of GPS modules but for the LUCKY few, we get the bonus misfitting panel as well. Yah, should go and buy the lotter!

What size are your shoes?

9.5. U were expecting me to say 13, weren't you ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i have just started having this issue, where this little plate keeps popping off.  I've noticed that it is slightly warped at the point and this may be causing it.  I will be getting the oil changed in about 4000 miles... not sure if I can wait till then... LOL.

i have just started having this issue, where this little plate keeps popping off.  I've noticed that it is slightly warped at the point and this may be causing it.  I will be getting the oil changed in about 4000 miles... not sure if I can wait till then... LOL.

LizM, make sure u call them up, a replacement panel is all that is needed but it took my dealer sometime to get it.

Mine has not come off since, luv-n-it  :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

• 4 months later...