key fob not working

the key fob on my cmax se only works to lock or unlock the doors just after i get out of the car when its been in the ignition.  if i go in the house for any length of time (maybe under 5 minutes) it wont unlock the doors. Never seen anything like it on a new car.  Just bought it yesterday (1-27-13). 

wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

also the dome lights only come on when the door is opened when you are in the car and the key is in the ignition.  strange too.

i have read the manual on both of these problems with no luck.

took it to the dealer today.  it was still in transport mode. so that made the key fob and dome lights not work correctly. took about 20 minutes they gave me afull tank of gas, two ford hats and i was on my way. im glad thats all it was.

There is supposed to be a checklist they follow after delivery of the vehicle, makes me wonder what else they forgot.

• 9 months later...

took it to the dealer today.  it was still in transport mode. so that made the key fob and dome lights not work correctly. took about 20 minutes they gave me afull tank of gas, two ford hats and i was on my way. im glad thats all it was.

You may needs to reset keyless programming.

For re programing ford see instruction here :

http://programkeyfob.com/

As you can see by the OP's second post, the problem wan't a key FOB related issue ;)