Alarm, ESP, and Maintenance Plan

Joey

Hi All,

I just got my new C-Max today and am very excited.  I was obviously offered the opportunity to purchase these extras at "great" prices.  I declined them all with the option to buy them all at the same price for a while after purchase.  Do you guys think any of these things are worth it.  My wife is convinced the alarm for $295 that is "shock sensitive" (supposed to detect 10lbs of pressure applied to the car while locked) is worth purchasing, but I am wary.  Also I noticed that my car isn't eligible for the online purchase of these plans so I can't check pricing.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Actually you can check pricing through dealers who advertise on line...  "Google" the following terms for finding dealers on line for price comparisons on those products:

"Ford Extended Warranty"  That brought up several dealers selling Ford's Extended Warranty.

"Ford Extended Service Plan"  That brought up several dealers selling Ford's Service plan.  There is a lot of overlap between the two searches.....

If the Alarm System is a Ford Part call the dealership get the Part Number and "Google" it for a comparison...  My dealership gives 10% off most Ford OEM Accessories without any haggling and will do better if you are willing to negotiate...  But don't forget to add in the installation costs... ;)

EDIT:  Also See This Thread for a previous discussion about the Warranty and Service Plans...  When purchasing the Extended Warranty you are in effect purchasing insurance, only you can decide if it is worth it....

Edited by RedLdr1

Actually you can check pricing through dealers who advertise on line...  "Google" the following terms for finding dealers on line for price comparisons on those products:

"Ford Extended Warranty"  That brought up several dealers selling Ford's Extended Warranty.

"Ford Extended Service Plan"  That brought up several dealers selling Ford's Service plan.  There is a lot of overlap between the two searches.....

If the Alarm System is a Ford Part call the dealership get the Part Number and "Google" it for a comparison...  My dealership gives 10% off most Ford OEM Accessories without any haggling and will do better if you are willing to negotiate...  But don't forget to add in the installation costs... ;)

EDIT:  Also See This Thread for a previous discussion about the Warranty and Service Plans...  When purchasing the Extended Warranty you are in effect purchasing insurance, only you can decide if it is worth it....

This is really helpful thanks

Considering the long service intervals and the fact that you can take it to Ford Quick Lane, a prepaid maintenance plan seems like a questionable choice. There are Ford dealers all over and most offer in/out, no-appointment-needed service.

They were always fast and did it right when I had my Escape Hybrid. And the staff seemed way more qualified than those Clown Lube places. Plus it's cheap, between $20 and $35 depending on whether you need synthetic or semi-synthetic and depending on whether you remember to print the discount coupons from the dealer's website first.

Edited by mtberman

We bought the Ford Extended Service Plan.  I think we bought it because we were brain dead after sitting in the manager's office going through everything for two hours on the day we picked up our C-Max.  The rationale they gave for getting it seemed very reasonable at the time <g>.

Roninsd I went to kearny pearson because they had the model/color I wanted in stock. Ended up getting a very good price thanks to my wife's superior negotiating skills.  But I know the stuff they offered later was a ripoff so I wasn't sure if I should go back and negotiate it or just buy online.  Anyone have experience with this Alarm activation thing?