What Kind of Gas do you use?

mightydog

No the prices for Rebel aren't the same. The newer Rebel stations always seem to cost 5 cents more. The stations in the ghetto that have been there a while are always cheaper. The only thing that sucks is by time you get to the cheaper stations you pass like 2 or 3 others and you ended up spending more on gas trying to get the cheaper price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That slowly adds up. .10 cents here and there can make a big difference in the long run. Say you fill up your truck 2 times a week. Say you fill your truck with 20 gallons every time at a price of $3.76. SO one fill up is $75.20 for one fill up and $150.40 for two. A competitor at $3.66 is only paying $73.20 for one and $146.40 for two and that is just for 1 week!! So in one month you are saving $16 and in a year that is $192!! Almost $200!! I am sure you can find better uses for that money!

My husband taught me not to use Acro. Their gas is at least .05 cents cheaper than everyone else. I was always taught to use Chevaron or Texico. They are usually .10 cents more expensive.

Ā 

We don't have acro in Florida. I didn't even know that they are still around. What wrong with their fuel?

Ā 

Whatever is cheapest.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Amen. B)

Edited by jack

• 4 weeks later...

The guy I used to take my Hondas too was a Chevron station. I was having trouble with pre-ignition due to carbon build up. I put the cheapest gas in that Honda so he recommended that I dump a bottle of Techron in the tank every 3000 miles. Sure enough the knocking stopped. You can get a bottle for about $6 at the auto parts store. This way I get the advantage of Chevron gas for a whole lot less per gallon.

As a hobby I rebuild vintage Japanese motorcycles from the 60's and 70's. I've seen the gung that winds up in carburators due to lack of additives and detergents in some cheap gasolines. For that reason I always fill up at either Shell, Chevron, or 76. Also, as a test I ran a Gold Wing on 5 tanks of gas with Shell, then 5 taks of gas with Chevron (I was on an ironbutt ride from San Diego to Jacksonville and back). Shell gave me 47 MPG, Chevron gave me 51 MPG. So I usually go with Chevron.