Improve the CMax? Your thoughts...

Jus-A-CMax

Let your voice be heard about the improving the CMax!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see improved in the C-Max?

• MPG performance in the cold
    • MPG performance - other, please elaborate
    • My Ford Touch
    • Interior layout, details & finish
    • Exterior paneling, styling, color, finish, mirrors
    • Wheels / Tires
    • Rear Liftgate
    • Electronics (non MFT), Battery
    • FOB / Remote Start
    • Other - please state.

With this summer (see comments in fuel economy thread), I really wish they'd do something with the top of the dashboard -- in particular have it a lighter color. It seems like that dash, when it sits in the sun during the day, becomes an enormous heat sink when it sits in the sun. It also seems to be the A/C vents could be better placed.

I'd also, particularly after my long trip, would like to see more comfortable seats. 

... I really wish they'd do something with the top of the dashboard -- in particular have it a lighter color. ...

Until sunset. As it starts to get dark, your light color dash, reflecting in the glass, will do a great job of obscuring the road in front of you. They're black for a very good reason. 

Frank

With this summer (see comments in fuel economy thread), I really wish they'd do something with the top of the dashboard -- in particular have it a lighter color. It seems like that dash, when it sits in the sun during the day, becomes an enormous heat sink when it sits in the sun. It also seems to be the A/C vents could be better placed.

I'd also, particularly after my long trip, would like to see more comfortable seats. 

I had a Volvo V70 with the tan dash, and it reflected off the windshield in direct sun

The shifter gets in the way of my hand on long trips, a paddle shift would be nice. The ability to move things to the right screen, usually I leave it on nav and just ignore it. A armrest on the door. Last but not least more adjustment on the passenger seat.

A paddle shifter on the steering wheel?  Like formula one cars??!    Bizarre..... the gear selector is where it should be.

The lack of of power adjustment on the passenger seat is stingyness I associate with 1970's Ford, not today's.

A paddle shifter on the steering wheel?  Like formula one cars??!    Bizarre..... the gear selector is where it should be.

The lack of of power adjustment on the passenger seat is stingyness I associate with 1970's Ford, not today's.

Well, I suppose the paddle shifter would go between the two available shift positions (D and L).

I would also like power passenger, but there is the matter of weight and cost.

My preferred change is still to put the "EV" switch on the console shift lever - there is room above the "hill control" button.

... My preferred change is still to put the "EV" switch on the console shift lever...

+1 For those times when you need to scoot...

Honestly, my only pet peeve is stray light and reflections. I blacked out a lot of it but the instrument cluster trim is criminal use of chrome. There's also a flat panel above the glove box that finds the Sun in devilish ways traveling North in the morning...

So many aspects of this car are spot-on. I especially love the headlights in snowstorms.

Have fun,

Frank 

+1 For those times when you need to scoot...

Honestly, my only pet peeve is stray light and reflections. I blacked out a lot of it but the instrument cluster trim is criminal use of chrome. There's also a flat panel above the glove box that finds the Sun in devilish ways traveling North in the morning...

So many aspects of this car are spot-on. I especially love the headlights in snowstorms.

Have fun,

Frank 

You reminded me, I'd like the ability to extend the sun visor, so you can actually keep the sun from blinding you, when coming in the side window in mornings/evenings.

Yes, a paddle shift. Why have a big shifter that really just gets in the way? To each their own, but it is big and in the way.

Just saw a review of the new Fusion and Ford is now using a rotary dial for the shifter.   It is in the same place as our shifter but this knob is about 1" high.  Maybe 2" diameter.   Maybe this will spread to other models? 

Just saw a review of the new Fusion and Ford is now using a rotary dial for the shifter.   It is in the same place as our shifter but this knob is about 1" high.  Maybe 2" diameter.   Maybe this will spread to other models? 

Let's hope they learned from Fiat/Chrysler's design...

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jeep-recall-anton-yelchin-1201828785/

Frank