A perfect day....

This Saturday it was partly sunny and into the 70's in Phoenix (sorry if you are in cold country, you can laugh next August when we melt), so took advantage by giving the C-Max a bgath, claybar'd the exterior and a coat of Mother's polish.  Got inside and cleaned the windows, dusted, and wiped down the vinyl plus dressed the tires.

I think it runs better!!

post-356-0-75272900-1359839038_thumb.jpg

Joey, I washed the car with Dawn dishwashing detergent first and rinsed thouroughly ( Dawn is very alkaline and will  remove any wax/polish applied by dealer wash, etc.)  The claybar was pretty fast, due to there being no oxidation and the surface was warmed by the sun a bit.  Then buffed the detailer Mothers recommends off, and applied the polish.  Let it glaze up and then did a little window cleaning inside and out, dressed the tires, etc.

All told, probably a 2.5 hour job, maybe 3.  I washed my wife's car while the polish was setting up.

Sure looks nice and I had a good chance to examine the paint job, nothing to complain about.!

• 2 weeks later...

so jealous of all of you who can wash and wax yr own car. we live in brooklyn and really don't have anywhere to do that. the options, as i see them, are either a "hand wash" for $40-$50 or one of the drive thru car washes. i am afraid to do the drive thru cause of the damage it might do to the paint job. and can't really afford the hand wash as much as needed. our Gracie is in need of a bath!! any ideas? any opinions on the drive thrus?? am I being too cautious? love love our little gray c-max!