Quality Issue or normal (gaps)

Hollywoodtx

Had my C-Max SEL for about a month, 1200 miles so far, getting 39.2 MPG av.

An issue I took back to the dealer: The fit of the dash, passenger side, where it meets the small side window and the gap between the door and dash is way off, not the same as the driver side, which is nearly flush. the door/dash gap is a finger and the dash to dash (on the top) is a little less. We checked the other cars on the lot and they were all the same.

Is this normal?

post-310-0-46617700-1359923682_thumb.jpg

post-310-0-53947500-1359923685_thumb.jpg

post-310-0-81390300-1359923688_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hollywoodtx

Had my C-Max SEL for about a month, 1200 miles so far, getting 39.2 MPG av.

An issue I took back to the dealer: The fit of the dash, passenger side, where it meets the small side window and the gap between the door and dash is way off, not the same as the driver side, which is nearly flush. the door/dash gap is a finger and the dash to dash (on the top) is a little less. We checked the other cars on the lot and they were all the same.

Is this normal?

No, not normal; I don't have the problem.  Maybe the monkey did it  :-)

I just spent 10 minutes going back and forth to the garage to see what I could see with our car and comparing to yours.  Overall our dash fit seems pretty symmetrical.  I would say on the passenger side the gap is perhaps 1/8 of an inch larger.  Nothing looks wonky though.  I couldn't tell what you are demonstrating with your first photo.

Edited by Laurel

I will take more pics but this time I will use a ruler (duh) I should have done that to start with :)

The gap on my SEL is the same on both sides, I can stick my index finger in it but it jams to a stop before I reach the 1st joint, so I think your gap is slightly bigger than mine (of course, who knows whose finger is thicker).   

I would guess everybody has some sort of gap, not sure what the 'standard' gap is supposed to be.