Where to Post Maintenance and Issues Questions

rums54

I'm new to the forum and signed in on the 'Welcome' section. I have some questions about the C-Max and I'm wondering where I can go for answers.

I'll as the questions in this section but, if this is the wrong area, please let me know and I'll re-post elsewhere. I haven't taken delivery yet but expect to do so in early March.

Question #1: We ordered the SEL with Option Package 302A, Exterior Protection Package, Interior Protection Package, and mud guards. I noticed online that you can also purchase the Keyless Entry Keypad for $85. My dealer thought this came with the car and he showed me a Fusion with the keypad hidden in the B-pillar. What's the story, does the SEL with 302A have the hidden keypad?

Question #2: Will this car and 2 memory positions for driver seat, mirrors, etc.?

Question #3: Does this vehicle come with adjustable pedals?

Question #4: When the car is delivered, will there be any charge in the batteries or will it take some time to charge them while driving and braking?

That's it for now. Thank You!

I'm new to the forum and signed in on the 'Welcome' section. I have some questions about the C-Max and I'm wondering where I can go for answers.

I'll as the questions in this section but, if this is the wrong area, please let me know and I'll re-post elsewhere. I haven't taken delivery yet but expect to do so in early March.

Question #1: We ordered the SEL with Option Package 302A, Exterior Protection Package, Interior Protection Package, and mud guards. I noticed online that you can also purchase the Keyless Entry Keypad for $85. My dealer thought this came with the car and he showed me a Fusion with the keypad hidden in the B-pillar. What's the story, does the SEL with 302A have the hidden keypad?

Question #2: Will this car and 2 memory positions for driver seat, mirrors, etc.?

Question #3: Does this vehicle come with adjustable pedals?

Question #4: When the car is delivered, will there be any charge in the batteries or will it take some time to charge them while driving and braking?

That's it for now. Thank You!

The C-Max does not come with a keypad. It is only available as an accessory. Not sure why you would want one since you need the fob to allow the doors to unlock and the car to start wirelessly.

Seat memory and adjustable pedals are not available on any C-Max models.

The battery level will be wherever it was when the car was last turned off. It may be less than 20% or it may be at 80%, but it is likely to be on the low side due to the way EV+ works.

Edited by C-MaxJaxon

Thanks for the answers. If the C-Max is like the rest of the Fords I've had recently, it is possible to lock your keys in the car. While I don't use the keypad very often, there are times it gets me out of a jamb.

As far as the battery level, it seems that I've seen many owners on the Fuelly site get low 30s for fuel mileage at first but then the mileage goes up to 40 or so. Either that's the breakin of the engine or I was thinking the battery comes delivered pretty low and once it has some juice in it, the mileage goes up.

The charge of the battery goes up and down repeatedly throughout every trip in the car. It will run the gas engine for a while to charge up, go to EV mode as long as it can until the charge is low or you press the accelerator too hard, then the engine will restart and run for a while to charge it back up. The regen only adds a small amount of recharging unless you are going down long downhills.

I can't offer a good explanation for mileage increasing for owners over time. The engine break-in may help some. Mileage typically goes up and down with the temperature. New owners may figure out ways to increas mileage, like the list of tips in this thread.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/861-fuel-saving-tips-and-tricks-part-1/

Rums, there are a lot of different sub-forums that might work better for you, but I think Lounge is a good place to start.  I think most people hit all the forums anyway, so your post will be seen!

Keyless entry: not sure, but I've seen it as an option on the Ford Accessory site.

Sorry, no memory positions for seat, mirror, etc, and no adjustable pedals.  But personally, with the telescoping and tilting steering wheel, and electric seat, I have no problem with the pedals.

When i got my car, it seems that the battery had been charged, but even if it's not charged all the way, it doesn't take much time for it to charge, between breaking and ICE usage.  It's a balance between the two.

Enjoy the anticipation of waiting for your car!  And please feel free to ask away in this forum!  Also, you might "search" on terms that are of interest to you -- a lot of areas have been covered in the last few months!  If not, Jus-a-Cmax will be there with an answer! :hysterical:

Edited by roninsd

Thanks for the answers. If the C-Max is like the rest of the Fords I've had recently, it is possible to lock your keys in the car. While I don't use the keypad very often, there are times it gets me out of a jamb.

According to the manual (P. 73):

Smart Unlocks for Intelligent Access Keys (If Equipped)

This feature helps to prevent you from unintentionally locking your

intelligent access key inside your vehicle’s passenger compartment or

rear cargo area.

When you lock your vehicle using the power door lock control (with the

door open, vehicle in park and ignition off), after you close the door the

vehicle will search for an intelligent access key in the passenger

compartment. If an intelligent access key is found inside the vehicle, all

of the doors will immediately unlock and the horn will chirp, indicating

that the intelligent access key is inside.

In order to override the smart unlock feature and intentionally lock the

intelligent access key inside the vehicle, you can lock your vehicle after

all doors are closed by pressing the lock button on another intelligent

access key or touching the locking area on the handle with another

intelligent access key in your hand.

When you open one of the front doors and lock the vehicle using the

power door lock control, all doors will lock then unlock if:

•  the ignition is on, or

•  the ignition is off and the vehicle is not in P.

Thank you so much for all the information. The link and the ways to optimize fuel mileage is great. I'll go over all this with my wife.

I completely forgot that the car has the keyless ignition feature and that you keep the key in your pocket/purse/manbag/whatever! That will be helpful and I didn't know about the "Smart Unlocks..." That will be helpful.

I did find out a couple things from my dealer. He said one of two things will happen. He still maintains that the keyless entry keypad will be imbedded in the B-pillar. He said that if it isn't, he'll install a keypad that requires no drilling or wiring. Apparently, it works off the same frequency as the key fob.

Thanks Again!

Thank you so much for all the information. The link and the ways to optimize fuel mileage is great. I'll go over all this with my wife.

I completely forgot that the car has the keyless ignition feature and that you keep the key in your pocket/purse/manbag/whatever! That will be helpful and I didn't know about the "Smart Unlocks..." That will be helpful.

I did find out a couple things from my dealer. He said one of two things will happen. He still maintains that the keyless entry keypad will be imbedded in the B-pillar. He said that if it isn't, he'll install a keypad that requires no drilling or wiring. Apparently, it works off the same frequency as the key fob.

Thanks Again!

Well it won't be. The C-max does not come with keyless entry keypad, like the escape does.

Furthermore you can get the keyless keypad accessory (basically it sticks on with double-sided tape), but you can only use it when you don't have your keys with you because you cannot lock your keys in the car.