C-Max as a rental car?

Adair

Adair, not me, it was CMax-Jaxon...this was his post: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/851-low-mpg-on-a-few-more-reviews/page-3&do=findComment&comment=7120

But straight to the artcile.... http://www.carrentingreviews.com/2013/01/23/2013-ford-c-max-sel-hybrid/

Thats like my car except I have the DARK interior....great for a snowboarder (we're always considered being on the dark side  :nonono: )

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I think that renting a car before you buy is an excellent way to test it out.  However, I think your options may be regional.  In the south east, there aren't enough C-Maxes around to allow for a rental.  They are in high demand, so there aren't any on the lots, either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I rented one from Budget. You need to arrange for them to get a C-MAX moved to your local agency. It's not like they have several at each rental location. I rented for 24 hours to give a good test drive before buying. It was even an SEL with a glass roof. Only thing not activated was NAV.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Just purely by coincidence I was returning a rental car to the Oakland Airport the weekend before I was scheduled to take delivery of my ordered c-max. As I was walking out I saw two sitting on the Hertz lot. I turned around and asked the Hertz person if I could rent to C-Max for the weekend. She said I was lucky as they only had the two, and I just caught it as both had just been returned. Gave the car a full test drive to the Sierra foothills and back, confirmed all the surf stuff fit, I returned it Monday knowing I'd made the right choice!!

Someone (jus-a-cmax?) posted that someone renting a C-Max got 40+mpg. Any info on what car rental company that was? There is a poster on the Ford C-Max FB page who wants to rent one before buying. I said I would check......

Funny you should ask.  I just returned from a two week job where I had a C-Max from Budget.  I rented it for a Full Size price  and I was very happy with it.  I will say that the SEL I had did not have the Navigation activated, or the Satilite Radio.  Over all I got 43.7 MPG with an average of 51.3 MPG in my 11.1 true rush hour commute.  I put 4.5 Gallons to re-fill the tank before returning it.

The Max I had had almost 4500 miles on it, so it was well broken in.  A real enjoyable rental.

Hey Maxed, I replied in one of your other threads, I found one to rent from Hertz at the Oakland Airport :-). Just walked up to the counter and asked to rent it when I saw it on the lot. It was just pure coincidence as I was there returning a business rental from National when I the C-max on Hertz's lot...

Hey Maxed, I replied in one of your other threads, I found one to rent from Hertz at the Oakland Airport :-). Just walked up to the counter and asked to rent it when I saw it on the lot. It was just pure coincidence as I was there returning a business rental from National when I the C-max on Hertz's lot...

That was pretty lucky hopefully when i call they'll have one. Thanks for replying :)

Did you guys call a local agent or a hotline to get your cmax from budget? Did you just ask if they had a cmax?

I am going to post a separate topic answering this.  This is about the fifth time that I answer.  So, I am going to post separately, and then I'll ask to have it pinned for easy finding.

Did you guys call a local agent or a hotline to get your cmax from budget? Did you just ask if they had a cmax?

No I was offered the C-Max or a Toyota Camery.  I don't pick my car up from the Airport anymore since most Airport pickup hit you with a 20-45% Tax/Fees.  So I Taxi to my Hotel, check in and usually walk to the local Budget Rental to pick up my Car.