Will the CMax have navigation?

Will the CMax have navigation? I hope it comes with one because it sure comes in handy!

Yes - it will be optional or you can get a TomTom, etc. The build in ones seem to connect faster and are more reliable, but if you don't use one too often than you might be better off by getting a portable from Amazon.

Yes - it will be optional or you can get a TomTom, etc. The build in ones seem to connect faster and are more reliable, but if you don't use one too often than you might be better off by getting a portable from Amazon.

I dont really like to Tom Tom having it in the car makes it so much easier

I dont really like to Tom Tom having it in the car makes it so much easier

I agree. The ads on Navigations are OK, but the built in ones seem to offer far more features. Another option is using the one built into your smart phone or downloading the app. They have a really nice one for the iPhone, but I think the 4S has one built in out of the box.

• 2 months later...

I have the navigation option on my SE as part of the MyFord Touch package. I've tried it a couple of times on known routes to see how it would perform and was pleased. Ford has done some improvements to the maps and they look alot better then they did in my '08 Taurus X.

I have an SEL with My Ford Touch, and I am ridiculously impressed with the navigation. My wife's 2009 Camry Hybrid has factory navigation, and I've had recent aftermarket navigation head units in my truck from Kenwood and Alpine.

I've only had the C-Max for a week now, but it seems that the navigation that came in my C-Max is the best of the bunch. The screen resolution and map quality are better than I expected. The screen refresh while mapping is incredibly smooth - no lagging and jumping.

• 2 months later...

Our Mytouch GPS is not working very well.  It thinks I'm about 1/2 mile to the left or right of where I am.  I've had to use my old Tom Tom GPS.  I've searched the Internet but I don't find a solution.  There is talk of an upgrade coming soon.  We love our C-Max, the way it handles, comfortable to sit in, and plenty of room inside.  But this GPS arratic behavior is disappointing.

Wait, are you dirving in the houses, sports fields, along the side of the highway when I AM ON THE HIGHWAY....again...like me....according to the MyTouch GPS?

8365436953_71495112b5.jpg

I'm going to send this to my sales guy and see what he says. This GPS is 90% right but the 10% is beginning to really suck.
Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I'm apparently a master at driving 70mph through the woods along the side of a highway. Not sure how my car survives it.

Actually, that brings up an observation: I think the error gets worse at higher speeds, I've noticed it while driving 35 but it wasn't nearly as large.

post-88-0-60258100-1357785964_thumb.jpg

I'm apparently a master at driving 70mph through the woods along the side of a highway. Not sure how my car survives it.

Actually, that brings up an observation: I think the error gets worse at higher speeds, I've noticed it while driving 35 but it wasn't nearly as large.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Mine does that once in a while too...but all I do is touch the screen on the road that I'm actually on, and it goes right there and fixes itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been experiencing the same problem.  It seems like it thinks I'm to the left or right of my position.  It is very frustrating.  I have my TomTom GPS on the counsel to ensure I always have accurate location available.

I will try touching the screen to correct it.