I perfer Leather interior

mightydog

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I ordered the SEL with stone leather colour. I see mention of them being heated, but no mention of the cooling feature. Also, there doesn't appear to be a memory feature for different driver seat positions. I wonder if the SEL has the automatic head lamps?

They must have the auto head lamps in Canada and some states require them for rental cars.

• 1 month later...
Also, there doesn't appear to be a memory feature for different driver seat positions.

That is one Feature I do really miss, and the memory mirrors that are part of the package usually...

Has anybody noticed that the leather seats are not entirely leather? The side of the seat next to the center console is made of some type of spandex stretchy material. I feel jipped!

Go look at any other Fords, or any other brand, and you find most, if not all "leather seats", are not all leather. That is why the manufactures advertise "Leather Seating Surfaces" or in the case of the C-MAX SEL "Leather Trim" is specified on the Window Sticker.

Edited by RedLdr1

They use non leather on the sides of the seats because leather is expensive and really doesn't work well there where there is a lot of flexing. It's been that way on most everything for 20 years or so.

Datsun got in trouble for this back in the eighties on the 280Z and lost a class action suit because they didn't say "leather seating areas" in their publications. Had to pay off a bunch of owners. Since then, you'll see the disclaimer posted in all written material regarding leather seating by all OEMs.

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't given it much thought but now that I recall, the spandex sides seem to be pretty common. How often do you condition your seats, Jus-A-CMax?

Every 6 months. As the seats are tan color and my wife drives it to the stable, the dirt shows up more on her Vanden Plas (we have 2). The stuff I use is Connolly leather cleaner and then I use the Connolly Hide Care to finish it off. 

• 1 year later...