Size of factory wheel

mtb9153

Looking forward to finding Centerline wheels on sale for myself. They currently don't allow looking up wheels by car for the 2012 Focus or C-Max, but we all know that 5x4.25= 5x108. I'm glad to see that people are running 40mm offsets instead of the 50mm stockers. Most all of Centerline FWDs are 42mm. 

I'm curious if anyone knows the weight of the Ford factory 17's? Centerline wheels in 17" are typically 15-16lbs depending on the style. The ones I bought for my Focus were 15 lbs. This is a dramatic difference between the stock Focus 17" wheels that are 22-24lbs. In my ZXWs case I wanted to find a wheel/tire combo that would weigh the same as my stock 15's with stock tires- approximately 38 lbs. In the case of the C-Max, I'd like to increase fuel economy by lowering the wheel/tire weight. Assuming Ford still makes heavy cast wheels for durability- then that's at least 6 lbs off each wheel. If I could go down to a 16", that would reduce the possibility of wheel damage due to potholes. The Centerline forged wheels are more sturdy than cast, but any wheel with a low profile tire is subject to damage from big potholes. 

Um... and having American made wheels is a must for me, sorry. I like Chinese people, and I wish all the American CEOs who give manufacturing jobs away to them would have to move there and have their job taken by a Chinese in America. Diversity FTW! 

Thoughts on the wheels?

Edited by Alex Sams

Looking forward to finding Centerline wheels on sale for myself. They currently don't allow looking up wheels by car for the 2012 Focus or C-Max, but we all know that 5x4.25= 5x108. I'm glad to see that people are running 40mm offsets instead of the 50mm stockers. Most all of Centerline FWDs are 42mm. 

I'm curious if anyone knows the weight of the Ford factory 17's? Centerline wheels in 17" are typically 15-16lbs depending on the style. The ones I bought for my Focus were 15 lbs. This is a dramatic difference between the stock Focus 17" wheels that are 22-24lbs. In my ZXWs case I wanted to find a wheel/tire combo that would weigh the same as my stock 15's with stock tires- approximately 38 lbs. In the case of the C-Max, I'd like to increase fuel economy by lowering the wheel/tire weight. Assuming Ford still makes heavy cast wheels for durability- then that's at least 6 lbs off each wheel. If I could go down to a 16", that would reduce the possibility of wheel damage due to potholes. The Centerline forged wheels are more sturdy than cast, but any wheel with a low profile tire is subject to damage from big potholes. 

Um... and having American made wheels is a must for me, sorry. I like Chinese people, and I wish all the American CEOs who give manufacturing jobs away to them would have to move there and have their job taken by a Chinese in America. Diversity FTW! 

Thoughts on the wheels?

My stock wheel weighed in at 22.6 lbs but the wheel weights were still on it...so let's say 22.5.

• 3 months later...