Dual Zone Temp control

wab

Anybody know how to make "Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control" default to dual zone?

I've read the manual... adjusting the passenger temperature knob turns dual ON.

Until the next time we start the car.

Touching climate (bottom right) then touch Dual works until the next time we start the car.

Is this our first MFT issue or is this normal?

Thanks

wab

It happens with us too.  I just thought it was a MFT weakness.  It doesn't really bother me as I constantly fiddle with the car temperature as I get hot too easily and I am always turning it down.  I last maybe two minutes with the seat heater on as I like things cool.  Hubby cranks his side up--temp and seat.  But we both comment that the settings are lost each trip.

If they changed this to remember dual-zone on every startup, I'm sure we would see a post with this question: "Anyone know how to turn dual-zone climate off?  I even turned it off and back on and it still remembers.  Help!"  :)

We took ours in yesterday @ 500 miles.

3 minor issues and dual zone climate control does not work.

The default should be ON or OFF depending on where the user sets it.

update when we get it back

wab

Mine will sometimes remember the different settings for the dual zones, and sometimes not. From what I can tell, it doesn't matter is the climate is shut off with the touchscreen, the on/off button on the climate control panel or just left on when the car is shut down. When I start the car up again I never know what I'll get.

There are also times when I don't have the climate system on at all, shut the car for a few minutes while out running errands, and when I start the car again the climate system will come on all by itself. This sometimes happens with the audio system as well. I've said it before- The Ford works in mysterious ways.

Mine will sometimes remember the different settings for the dual zones, and sometimes not. From what I can tell, it doesn't matter is the climate is shut off with the touchscreen, the on/off button on the climate control panel or just left on when the car is shut down. When I start the car up again I never know what I'll get.

There are also times when I don't have the climate system on at all, shut the car for a few minutes while out running errands, and when I start the car again the climate system will come on all by itself. This sometimes happens with the audio system as well. I've said it before- The Ford works in mysterious ways.

You don't happen to have remote start do you?

Mine was very inconsistent after I had my remote start switched because they had conflicting signals with the old one.  Long shot, but just a thought.

We took ours in yesterday @ 500 miles.

3 minor issues and dual zone climate control does not work.

The default should be ON or OFF depending on where the user sets it.

update when we get it back

wab

Update

Got it back yesterday

The tech couldn't duplicate the trouble. Checked for TSB etc...

I made a video.

Start car

Turn on dual zone

Go to store, dual still on when I turned it off

Restart car... dual still on... for exactly 2 minutes, every time!

We're taking it back Monday.

The service writer will take a test drive , watch the video OR both.

More as it happens

wab

Update #2

The service writer took a ride and saw it happen.

They did a master reset.

Called me to say it's fixed

I started the car dual zone doesn't even stay on 2 minutes now.

I think they finally understand.

If anyone has these symptoms or different please let me know, they have called Ford about this.

My symptoms are.

1. start car, turn on dual zone, ...., turn car off.

2. return to car and restart, dual zone IS ON for 2 minutes then shuts off.

Our car was dealer swapped, they may have installed remote start and removed it when it was swapped.

I'm going to call tomorrow and offer this info... thanks zhackwyatt

wab

Wab, after Dual zone turns off after 2 minutes, can you turn it back on?  If yes, does it stay on?

Yes it can be turned back on and it will stay on until 2 minutes after you REstart the car.

The 2nd start is/was what is confusing the tech.

I think I need to work on my communication skills, I'm practicing on this board :rockon: .

Get in the car to go to a ball game.

Start car.

Dual zone is on

2 minutes later it goes off

Turn dual zone back on

Dual zone stays on whole trip

After game, get in car

Start car

Dual zone is on

Turn dual zone back on

Dual zone stays on whole trip

etc

etc

wab

• 1 year later...

Yes it can be turned back on and it will stay on until 2 minutes after you REstart the car.

The 2nd start is/was what is confusing the tech.

I think I need to work on my communication skills, I'm practicing on this board :rockon: .

Get in the car to go to a ball game.

Start car.

Dual zone is on

Turn dual zone back on

Dual zone stays on whole trip

After game, get in car

Start car

Dual zone is on

Turn dual zone back on

Dual zone stays on whole trip

etc

etc

wab

I have a 2014 C-Max SEL with the *exact* same symptoms as yours.  Thanks for defining it so precisely -- it was driving me crazy?

Now that I can duplicate the failure, I'm taking the car in for service tomorrow. Has your dealer come up with a fix yet?

Greeting and Welcome

No fix, our service writer says he checked a couple on the lot they're the same.

DW and I have decided that this will be a deal killer on our next Ford,  WE SURE like the looks of the new MKC.

Here's how I fixed ours.

post-554-0-35271900-1407275383_thumb.jpg

Edited by wab