Engineering Test Mode

cgul

My 2010 Fusion hybrid I traded for the Cmax had an Engineering Test Mode that could be entered at start up. I found out how to do this in the Cmax. When starting hold the ok button on the left of the steering wheel and start the car. In the left panel you will have the test mode which you can scroll with the up and down arrow keys. It has a lot of interesting information in it. If you haven't already tried it you might want to check it out. This mode will exit when you shut the car down.

Charles

Thanks, will go try it.

Edit: Good data.  I didn't drive the car but I assume the display remains there while driving.  For those that want to know coolant temperature, It's there, battery voltage, several FE numbers, rpm and so forth.  

It's too bad the test screen doesn't come up on the right display so you can use the left display while driving.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

I use the entertainment on the right side. Not as good as being able to get more gauges - but better than the leaves. Especially since my leaves are almost always fully grown... :)

I would love to be able to turn on something like engineering mode and leave it on. The displays are digital, there is no reason to not have an "advanced" settings menu which allows more geeky info to be displayed.

It could be in an "advanced" setting category, and when entering pop up one of those warning saying "for advanced users only [OK]" and have the first option be to "return to simple mode" to defend against mere mortals getting too confused.

Edited by valkraider

Now if we can find the secret code to disable the restrictions on using some Nav functions while moving.  It would give DW something to to and help a lot when in unfamiliar territory.

People have discovered the trick for some other cars.  It's in there somewhere, we just have to find it.

Just curious as to what functions your talking about.  Off the top of my head the only Nav functions that cease to work are typing on the keyboard.  You can do that with voice, if it doesn't recognize something, you can also spell the street or poi one letter at a time to it.

What is the ICE coolant temp when fully warmed up, is celsius still the default ?

According to ptjones: "The Service Manager at my Ford dealership informed me that Ford told him the normal operating coolant temperature was approximately 202°F-212°F." 

Yesterday, mine read 95*C = 203*F after driving about 15 miles, 73*F ambient temperature, speeds between 55-70 mph with bottom and middle grill covers on.

Laurel, notice it has DTC codes in it also. Both new codes and history for old codes so if you have a problem you can look the codes up and know what the problem is. I found a list of Ford DTC codes on the internet a year or so ago by just doing a search for them.

Here's a link to Ford OBDII trouble codes.

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/ford/

wab

Yes I did and I I think I pushed down arrow and saw MyView.

Press the ok on the left and hold down then press start and hold the ok down until you see ET in the top left of the left screen than you can scroll down with the arrow key. Hope this works for you.

CG

Edited by cgul

Yes I did and I I think I pushed down arrow and saw MyView.

What I noticed is that if you have the parking brake on, the test mode screen will be hidden behind the parking brake message. You can see a couple of letters like "TE" of the test mode screen when it pops up in the upper left.   You need to release the OK button when you see the letters.  Otherwise, if you continue to hold the OK button the test mode screen will be removed.  Or release the parking brake before pushing the start button.

OOPS cgul beat me to it.  Is there any way to delete a post.  It's not evident, if there is a way.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer