Painted Wheels and Caliper Covers

mtb9153

Hey...its one way to personalize the car. I don't like the black wheels myself and I could have easily picked my CMax out with one...GAS (Galpin Auto Sports) does all these customization all the time from the interior to trimming to wheels and custom aero mods on Ford, Jaguars...you name it, they do it. Speaking of which, I got a $100 card from them...not sure why but I won't say no so I am going to head down there to see what goodies I can pick up. I'll take some pics and post'em up for some of their custom work. They once souped up a 2011 Jaguar XJ, custom trimmed leather seats in a Pearl White but in matt...and that thing was to droool for....

One day....

sorry, i am a girl and had the same thought. is it brushed on or do you actually dip it? hey, i am here to learn ;)

Rachel, it is sprayed on and I took the tires and wheels off, but the video's online (www.dipyourcar.com) from the guy I bought the paint from shows that it can be done with leaving the tires and wheels on.  Either way.

After watching the on car wheel treatment video again at www.dipyourcar.com I've decided the on car technique might have been the better way to go.  One thing I will say is be sure you have a fresh coat of tire shine on your tires before you start painting.  I didn't and it made removing the overspray allot harder.  I ordered the 4 cans of black dip, one can per wheel.  Then three cans for the glossifer after coat.  They market on their website a kit for dipping 4 wheels.  Just choose the base color you want and the glossifer if you want a shiny finish instead of the satin or dull I think better describes it.  After having mine done for about 2 months now they have become dirty with driving in repeated rainy days here..  I'm glad I used the glossifier since they wouldn't look so good without giving them a bath.  Just my opinion. 

Edited by mtb9153

one more thing about leaving the wheels on.  The plastic bags they supply you to cover your discs will be allot harder to install, not impossible with our wheel design having so many closer spokes in the wheel design.  The ones they use in their instructional videos are much more open than the CMax wheels

Edited by mtb9153