Storage Nooks and Crannies

asb

I haven't had much free time to enjoy putting my car together, so to speak.  But I've been slowly working on where to store stuff.  I honestly don't have many interesting ideas for the under-the-floor bins because they are not that convenient to get to.  And I'm a bit stymied by what to do with my large umbrellas.  I live in Florida and have need for both small and large umbrellas.  I've been trying to find some interesting way to stash the umbrellas, and I don't like the photos I've seen of the umbrella holders that hook around the back of the front seats.

I was on the Ford website looking at accessories, and I saw that they finally posted a photo of the inside of the front console and admitted that it is for a large bottle of liquid.  I remember telling the sales people that the console was actually a cooler but Ford had not mentioned it in any of their write-ups. This information is under the Escape section - but the inside is pretty much the same as the C-Max.  So if anyone is wondering what the console looks like (and they haven't received their C-Max yet), they can take a look.  The description tells you how large of a bottle it holds.  I still find that my original console solution works best for the C-Max - I bought a plastic drinking cup at Target that fits into the console and I use it to store napkins, small bottles, etc.  

And I'm a bit stymied by what to do with my large umbrellas.  I live in Florida and have need for both small and large umbrellas.  I've been trying to find some interesting way to stash the umbrellas, and I don't like the photos I've seen of the umbrella holders that hook around the back of the front seats.

There's always the back compartment, next to the battery. That would probably be enough space for whatever size umbrella you've got. Of course, you have to go back to the liftgate to get it out

8155100435_5621f1cb35.jpg

You guys are making me laugh.  You don't live in Florida.  An umbrella that fits in the door pocket will not help much in one of our deluges.  Think more in terms of a Golf umbrella.  It's very long and big.  

See, I figured you were talking golf umbrella.  ..and there just isn't any place to store it out of sight AND have it close at hand, which is why I said back storage.  If you want something that big close at hand, it sits on one of the seats.

You may need a plastic sleeve to funnel water away from seats when wet, but could you hang it from one of the passenger assist handles on the interior near the doors?

Not related to umbrellas but I'm looking to do something with velcro and small yogurt containers to store keys andn coins under the dash.  Too much digging around without some place like this.

You may need a plastic sleeve to funnel water away from seats when wet, but could you hang it from one of the passenger assist handles on the interior near the doors?

Not related to umbrellas but I'm looking to do something with velcro and small yogurt containers to store keys andn coins under the dash.  Too much digging around without some place like this.

There is a small circular opening on the passenger side, next to the gear shift that I put quarters in for parking meters.  Cover them up with a small, nondescript plastic bottle to prevent pilferage.  

There is a small circular opening on the passenger side, next to the gear shift that I put quarters in for parking meters.  Cover them up with a small, nondescript plastic bottle to prevent pilferage.  

Yes, if you don't have heated seats, you will have a little cubby - I also use it for coins.

I was looking at using the assist handles, too.  Not sure yet what I want to do.

How much stuff do you need to store under the dash?  Having the drinking cup in the console really helps hold things.  A small change purse will also fit in there.  There is a slot in the console that is completely hidden from view, and that's where I stash spare keys.  

Thanks for the suggestions, Tom and asb. 

It's still cold up here so haven't had time to look in the console much (USB works well, thanks).  Will have a look for that slot.  Good idea for a small change purse - my dad used to have one for exactly same reason.

Wife was too funny one day.  "Wish there was a place I could put my gloves when in the car ...Does the C-Max have something like that?  Oh yea .." (points to G.C.)

Just in case some may not be aware of it, there is a small indentation inside the console, underneath the USB drives, which can be used for coins.  The floor of the indentation is sloped downward, and seems to have some kind of padding, so coins don't slip.  You can't put a lot of coins in there, but it's handy.  I just realized it was there a few weeks ago.  Not too difficult to access.

If you want to see real nooks and crannies, do yourself a favor and take a look inside a 13 MKZ (which is a souped up version of the 13 Fusion) that thing has a bridge where you can put a cricket bat underneath the centre console. I wished Ford would have done something like that for our CMax. 

If you want to see real nooks and crannies, do yourself a favor and take a look inside a 13 MKZ (which is a souped up version of the 13 Fusion) that thing has a bridge where you can put a cricket bat underneath the centre console. I wished Ford would have done something like that for our CMax. 

True, I would like a few more convenient nooks and crannies.  My Dad was trying to find a place to put his CDs, and I kept saying, "No room in there" at everything he looked at.

My Dad was trying to find a place to put his CDs, and I kept saying, "No room in there" at everything he looked at.

Trying to find space for CDs in a C-Max?  or another car?  'cause I've got over 100 CDs in the center console.  On a thumb drive stuck into one of the USB ports.  I stil haven't put an actual CD into the slot yet-- I have no idea if it works.

Trying to find space for CDs in a C-Max?  or another car?  'cause I've got over 100 CDs in the center console.  On a thumb drive stuck into one of the USB ports.  I stil haven't put an actual CD into the slot yet-- I have no idea if it works.

I asked our salseman how many CD it held.

He said he couldn't remember the last time he had seen any NEW Ford with a CD changer.

I went  :doh:  I forgot they are obsolete and will be gone in a few yrs.

wab

There is also the issue of Books on Tape during log trips as a reason to have a working CD player. BoT come with their own cases of course.

Perhaps a small, plastic CD case containing several holder pages for your personal collection would fit into the "pit" between the front seats?

Tom

• 3 weeks later...