For those who have had 12v Battery problems

zhackwyatt

Only if you have had 12v Battery Problems...  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What package do you have?

2. 2. What month was your car born?

3. 3. What was the resolution (final fix)?

• Replaced 12v Battery
    • Tailgate problems
    • Replaced frayed wires
    • Replaced module in car (i.e. power drain)
    • Melted fuse box
    • Don't know yet...
    • Instrument Panel Replaced
    • Replaced Car
    • Software update

For those of you charging:  do you connect the charge cables under the hood or directly to the battery in the trunk?  With 600 miles I've had no problem thus far but frequent checking of the battery (under the hood) shows only 12.1 to 12.5 volts at any given time after shutdown.  And thanks.

for the 2 dead batteries we had in December, ford assistance used the ports under the hood and our car started right up. we now own a jump starter

(fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc. we haven't had to use it). Gracie is an SE 201A with just 1300 miles since dec. 3; probably had less than 100 mis. the first time and maybe 700 the second time. i hold my breath every time i go to the garage til i see i click the fob and see lights. then it's off we go. love her!!!

For those of you charging:  do you connect the charge cables under the hood or directly to the battery in the trunk?  With 600 miles I've had no problem thus far but frequent checking of the battery (under the hood) shows only 12.1 to 12.5 volts at any given time after shutdown.  And thanks.

These are the same readings that I am getting. 

for the 2 dead batteries we had in December, ford assistance used the ports under the hood and our car started right up. we now own a jump starter

(fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc. we haven't had to use it). Gracie is an SE 201A with just 1300 miles since dec. 3; probably had less than 100 mis. the first time and maybe 700 the second time. i hold my breath every time i go to the garage til i see i click the fob and see lights. then it's off we go. love her!!!

zhackwyatt

This may not be relevant but I noticed most dead battery reports also say something like

" i hold my breath every time i go to the garage til i see i click the fob and see lights."

We never lock our car in the garage, have 1300 miles and NO battery problems.

Heck for the first week I didn't even lock it while shopping, finally got used to the keyless system.

I wounder if there are any  non-lockers  that have found their battery dead?

wab

ah but we don't have the keyless system. i don't lock the car when it's in the garage but press the fob anyway when i'm going to take it out just so i can see lights which let's me know the battery's not dead. but the car is always locked when we go anywhere. livin in Brooklyn--can't leave temptation!!

zhackwyatt

This may not be relevant but I noticed most dead battery reports also say something like

" i hold my breath every time i go to the garage til i see i click the fob and see lights."

We never lock our car in the garage, have 1300 miles and NO battery problems.

Heck for the first week I didn't even lock it while shopping, finally got used to the keyless system.

I wounder if there are any  non-lockers  that have found their battery dead?

wab

Never locked the car in my garage.  It still died.  2 1/2 weeks in the dealer now.

I seem to recall an issue with dead batteries in the 5-series BMWs and one of the theories was that if you parked your car in the your garage and left it unlocked the keyless entry system was always in "standby" or "ready" mode or something like that as long as the fob was within range of the proximity sensor in the car. It was proposed that owners should always lock their cars to prevent draining down the battery. I could be remembering that wrong and it's quite possible Ford's system doesn't work the same way. Still, food for thought...

The build date should be at the top of the sticker with a number like 120130201.  Ignore the first number.  The next four are the year, then month, then day of month.  So this code would be a build date 2/1/2013.

My sticker doesn't have the white parts with numbers on the top or the bottom.