Rear Cargo Barricade

Has anybody found something to place across the rear of the cargo area that keeps items from rolling/sliding out the back when the hatch is opened? I haven’t had any luck yet and it’s really annoying when that happens. The “envelope” net on Ford’s accessories page doesn’t look like it covers the entire rear area and it looks like it would be difficult to get things past it.

Glad to know about (and sorry you've experienced) the all too common 'stuff falls out when I open the hatch' problem. I posted a more detailed description in another topic but can't find it. Others have had the same problem. All Ford had/has to do was make the flip-up cover on the cargo floor longer to be flush with the inside of the hatch when the hatch is closed.

I guess a net which stretched across the lower part of the opening would solve the problem too, similar to products available which replace pick up truck tailgates. The two levels of the cargo floor height make it quite a challenge, though.

Edited by Hybrid dude

• 7 months later...

I never did find a pool noodle in a color that I wouldn't mind having in the back of my car, but I did find a 4-foot piece of "Gutter Fill" at Menard's that does the trick nicely. (See Picture)

It's 5-inches wide and about 3 or 4-inches thick and beveled. I cut it to 41-inches so it fits snug at the sides, with a slight bend to match the curve of the rear deck, and placed it with the high-side towards the rear and the bevel facing the back seat. The rough foam material grabs the carpet really well to keep it from moving around; almost like Velcro. It's also a pretty close match for my carpet...

Cargo Stop

Edited by raymond963

Wish I had seen this early...I dropped a 1/2 gallon of chocolate milk (I'd been craving) when I got home from the store!

:runaway:

Bummer sorry to hear of your loss.  I share your craving for chocolate milk.  Sure miss the collapsible grocery storage bin which was in the rear of the cargo area in my 2005 Saturn Vue Redline that I sold for my CMax.  When collapsed it was flush with the carpeted floor of the cargo area.  Leave it to GM to out think Ford.

• 2 weeks later...