Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

What goofball engineer did this one??

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Zathrus

Zathrus

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 82 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

+1 on above request for spare fuse kit info/link.

I agree that blown fuses should not be a big issue (unless of course you encounter one and don't have any spares). Given the increasing amout of electronics and wiring in today's vehicles (esp CMax),I think a small investment in a spare fuse kit is just as important as perhaps a spare tire (especially since it appears the tire inflater provided by Ford could blow a fuse as was the case with TxWally).

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   TxWally

TxWally

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 31 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationHouston Texas Via the Bx
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

@Kelleytoons Trust me, no need for a link. it's a multi-pack that you might find in a CVS, gas station, supermarket or walmart for less than 5 bucks, but this was it if you want to see http://www.walmart.c...cy-Kit/20971316.

OK, so once I took off the plastic retainers holding onto the molded felt panel, and removed said panel, then it wasn't so bad. The key was pulling straight down  on the retainers. I can't imagine trying to do this without pulling out that panel.  

@Zathrus as kc1174 said, no spare fuses in there, just empty slots for the ones that were listed as "not used". Really Ford? You guys couldn't give a spare or 2 when they blow out? 

ok, rant over. I can charge my phone again. Although now I'm nervous about why it blew in the first place with the compressor.

EDIT: PS, just for the record, the fuse puller didn't work on the ford fuse. I had to use a key to pry out the fuse. I beleive someone else in the thread above mentioned it. I can verify later the absence of ridge. 

EDIT2: PSS, the fuses do have a ridge, but they are really slim. 

Edited by TxWally, 10 September 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   gdog997

gdog997

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:2013 c max

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

Along the same fuse thread, does anyone know where the 120v outlet fuse is located. I've been in three different fuse panels and can't seem to find the problem.

#24 OFFLINE   Ponypower

Ponypower

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTinley Park
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

Help Needed:

I got my 2014 C-Max emissions tested the other day. It passed with flying colors. My  question:  they used the OBD port under dash by the steering column. Upon checking after the test,  is their suppose to be a cover over the OBD port. It seems its wide open to dirt getting in. I don't know if they forgot to put it back on or didn't have one.

Thanks

#25 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 200 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:50 AM

I've changed the cabin filter twice now since I've owned the car, you can do it without taking the glove box apart but if you do it's a lot of fun for the same reason, by the time I am done I'm usually sweating bullets and I've contorted my body into the shape of an accordion. 

On the Prius and HHR it was a 2 minute job, drop a strut for the glove box and the HVAC box was right there behind the glove box, squeeze two clips and pop in a new filter.  The C-MAX and Focus, behind the center console stack with a torx screw..much swearing involved.

I'm also missing one of the clips that hold the felt cover on but the car doesn't seem to mind.

Edited by jestevens, 14 February 2018 - 08:53 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 802 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

Help Needed:

I got my 2014 C-Max emissions tested the other day. It passed with flying colors. My  question:  they used the OBD port under dash by the steering column. Upon checking after the test,  is their suppose to be a cover over the OBD port. It seems its wide open to dirt getting in. I don't know if they forgot to put it back on or didn't have one.

Thanks

I don't recall ever seeing a cover on mine.  I use it for a WiFi interface to Forscan software and its plugged in all the time.  There's another OBD port behind the cover at the left side of the dash.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·