Multiple locations for EV+ ?

Jus-A-CMax

So today I headed down to North Hollywood after a stop at Galpin to talk to their service manager about my MFT, panel and liftgate issues. Nothing exciting to report there except that they'll get back to me about the MFT update. Clearly I knew about the MFT updates more than they did, not surprising - thanks to the information from all the posters here.

Anyway, as I neared my destination in North Hollywood, I noticed that my EV+ was on...I had to do a double take. I was about 3/4 mile out from my destination and ever since I have had this car, this destination was always my 2nd most frequent stop (aside from home where you naturally expect the EV+to come on). It's off Victory if anyone cares. 

So - does this mean that the CMax is capable of "remembering" multiple EV+ locations? I have never seen this, and I am not sure if anyone else has reported this. I've not reset my lifetime gauge in yonkers either.

I mean it doesn't do me any good here with EV+ or not but its cool to know the car has learnt and scary to know that IT CAN LEARN!!!!

Anyone else seen this multiple EV+? 

I've had 3 EV+ locations.  The main factor seems to be how often the car is turned off/on at a given destination.  After a certain number of times, it should recognize that location as a frequent destination.

As I posted somewhere else, one of the engineers at the Irvine get together said that if you wanted to speed up the recognition of a place as a frequent destination, you can turn the car on, wait a few seconds, off, wait a few seconds, and do this 11 or so times.  So this would indicate it's this process, not the time spent in a location, that registers the location as EV+.

I don't know if there is any maximum number of locations that it can remember.

Gee, Jus, maybe you could stop every two miles or so on your normal route and try to set EV+ at each one.  Think how far you could get on EV+ alone! :)

Thats theory but it seems to be recharging in EV+ seems less, its seems more aggressive outputting than regen. Oh I know, today I had a lil 5.6 mile run 0.00 gallons used, all EV with 72MPG and that is with 60% batt full...didn't realize how good it was until I saw the output...and when I saw it was EV+ at the end there. Flat valley surface roads. I am looking forward to heading back to North Hollywood to see the EV+ kick in again but that won't be till next week though. Got another way trip to do.

I wonder how this works when the GPS always shows me where I'm not?  Although if it is consistantly wrong the same way each time, then I guess it could still list some routes as EV+ .

Routes are not EV+ the location is.  By my experience, it seems to be a half-kilometer radius.  Once you enter that radius, EV+ kicks in.

My EV+ will kick on when I am about three miles from my house - as the car drives, but as the crow flies, less than a mile.  I have to go down a main busy street with no turn off to my subdivision until I get another mile or so...the EV+ kicks on and off again, then back on after I turn into the subdivision and am closer to my house.

• 4 weeks later...

I have this mode enabled, but it has yet to learn my house or my work, despite the fact I have had the car 3 weeks now.  I tried to find the reset procedure in the manual, but was unable to find out how to reset the memory.  I will try the 11 starts thing to try to trick it into learning my work.  Is there really a way to reset the memory for this and if so, how?

Yes, when you do a Lifetime Reset, the EV+ locations are also cleared. But I haven't heard of a way to reset the EV+ locations without also resetting your Lifetime MPG stats.

My car learned my house in 2 days, but took about 3 weeks to figure out my office. It's now added a 3rd location at my local grocery store (which may be interesting, since I pass it daily on the way to and from work).

Thanks MikeB.  I did a Lifetime Reset at exactly 600 miles because between the the poor mileage/ EV ratio and minor brake abuse from test drivers (car had almost 300 miles on it when I got it), I wanted a Lifetime of MY stats:). I have gone 150 miles (mostly back and forth to work) since the reset, but I have 0 EV+ locations stored.  I was starting to get concerned about this, prompting me to post.

Just in case I am missing something, where is the "EV+" indicator?  Is it just an add-on to the EV indicator bar/ light?

Edited by 11StiLimited

I've had 3 EV+ locations.  The main factor seems to be how often the car is turned off/on at a given destination.  After a certain number of times, it should recognize that location as a frequent destination.

As I posted somewhere else, one of the engineers at the Irvine get together said that if you wanted to speed up the recognition of a place as a frequent destination, you can turn the car on, wait a few seconds, off, wait a few seconds, and do this 11 or so times.  So this would indicate it's this process, not the time spent in a location, that registers the location as EV+.

I don't know if there is any maximum number of locations that it can remember.

I tried "forcing" the EV+ location using your method, but nothing changed in terms of indicators on the dash.  

My bad, I missed your first post that stated you had enabled it.

If I remember correctly, you need to turn on the EV+ mode just like the Eco cruise mode.  Can't remember how to do it, but I just played with all the things in the menu until I found it.

I tried "forcing" the EV+ location using your method, but nothing changed in terms of indicators on the dash.  

Edited by Edsel

Odd thing about my EV+ locations.  My car remembers my house, my parents house, and the dealership.  It hasn't remembered my work yet, which I drive to and leave twice a day.  (8-9 hours in the parking lot)  It remembered the dealership after it spent a week there one month into owning the car.  Who knows?