Multiple locations for EV+ ?

Jus-A-CMax

I just did the 11 method for my second job site. I have been driving there for the last 3 weeks and it didn't come up on the EV+ mode. I decided to try the 11 method after school today. I had to run back for an evening meeting and sure enough it went into EV+. This is really impressive as the site is up a couple of substantial hills. EV+ got me up them at 30mph no problem. That was really cool.   I am pretty good at getting the car into and maintaining EV but this feature gives an envelope of performance that with manual EV I cannot touch(e.g. going up hills). Now to figure out other places where EV+ makes sense.

Now to figure out other places where EV+ makes sense.

Yep, that is what I am doing, too.  My work and home locations are fairly flat anyway.  I am going to try to set a new point 1 mile away each from work and home.  This would be interesting to test for me.  Once it is trained on the new locations, I can run EV+ until it forgets them (because of me not powering off the vehicle "in route" at the previously stored).  

• 4 months later...

Bringing up an old thread, sorry, but not sure if anyone else noticed how the C-Max also forgets EV+ locations. Decided to drive past home on 3 separate days to go to the store. 4th day coming home and home is lost. Had to add it back. Gas station also lost because - again - I drove past it too much. Really wish there was a way to program these online or something.

Bringing up an old thread, sorry, but not sure if anyone else noticed how the C-Max also forgets EV+ locations. Decided to drive past home on 3 separate days to go to the store. 4th day coming home and home is lost. Had to add it back. Gas station also lost because - again - I drove past it too much. Really wish there was a way to program these online or something.

Yes, mine has been lost before because I drove through it instead of stopping.

But, afaik, no one has done an analysis of how much EV+ actually contributes to AVG MPG anyways.  I'm not convinced it's as useful in the C-Max compared to the C-Max Energi. There are other threads on the topic.

Yes, mine has been lost before because I drove through it instead of stopping.

But, afaik, no one has done an analysis of how much EV+ actually contributes to AVG MPG anyways.  I'm not convinced it's as useful in the C-Max compared to the C-Max Energi. There are other threads on the topic.

I agree - all I can see from EV+ is it's use if the location is at the top of a hill, to save gas getting up there and regen on the way down. Since I live in FL, EV+ just leaves me with a low battery when I start her up again.

Yes...multiple locations. I used to have 3 frequent locations that popped at around 3/4 of a mile away.

Strangely enough, after spending a couple of nights at the dealership to get roof recall done and  the latest computer updates installed a couple of weeks ago, none of those locations pop up any longer. Instead, when I drive by my dealership I notice the EV+ is engaged. 

What odd behavior!

So today I headed down to North Hollywood after a stop at Galpin to talk to their service manager about my MFT, panel and liftgate issues. Nothing exciting to report there except that they'll get back to me about the MFT update. Clearly I knew about the MFT updates more than they did, not surprising - thanks to the information from all the posters here.

Anyway, as I neared my destination in North Hollywood, I noticed that my EV+ was on...I had to do a double take. I was about 3/4 mile out from my destination and ever since I have had this car, this destination was always my 2nd most frequent stop (aside from home where you naturally expect the EV+to come on). It's off Victory if anyone cares. 

So - does this mean that the CMax is capable of "remembering" multiple EV+ locations? I have never seen this, and I am not sure if anyone else has reported this. I've not reset my lifetime gauge in yonkers either.

I mean it doesn't do me any good here with EV+ or not but its cool to know the car has learnt and scary to know that IT CAN LEARN!!!!

Anyone else seen this multiple EV+?