What color do you perfer?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've seen the White Platinum Tri-Coat which is quite bright and really makes the car sparkle versus another 'plain' white (Oxford) they have but am a bit partial to the Ice Storm which was actually the launch color for the Focus EV and is only otherwise used on the C-Max and Fusion Hybrid so its unique to the EV, Hybrid or PHEV's in Ford's line. The Ice Storm sometimes looks light blue, sometimes light green depending on the light but would think it would hide some dust and dirt between car washes a bit better -- the dealer where I took the C-Max test drive also gave me a paint chip chart which is a step up from the C-Max brochure as far as seeing the color choice options as well as seeing what other Ford cars may also offer it to see it full scale.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always had silver vehicles because I feel that silver ages the best but I'm ready to shake it up a bit with color. I think the Ruby Red is my favorite but while I like the color, it's not important enough for me to pay extra for so I'm aiming for the Ice Storm Metallic.

If you like silver, but want a color, the Ice Storm Metallic looks perfect.

Edited by CNCGeek

Crystal I ordered Ice Storm based on the dealer brochure, and I ordered the stone coloured upholstery. I'll let you know what it looks like in real life when it gets here--supposed on November 26th. Interesting about colour choices as I looked at Canadian dealer's inventory and Ice Storm was quite rare here. However in Eastern Canada there were quite a few. I did not find any with the lighter leather. So I guess light leather is not popular. Hubby has a SUV that is white with black leather and I find it very blah.

Thanks Crystal. When you order a colour without seeing it, it is nerve wracking. With your name being Crystal, Ice Storm sounds like a match to me. I have already named my car sight unseen--The Ice Princess (Tip for short). My Smart Car is a very unusual green and I call her Pickle.

It's a neat color. It's unique from other car colors on the road and that it's neither pale green or pale blue. It's a sort of mix. But it's a soft color.

TIP is cute!! :) I have some potential names running through my head. Nerdy ones because I'm a sci-fi fan and I have some Doctor Who related names in mind. Or I might just drive it for awhile and see what feels right. I did that with my Element and it was rather neat. I had had her about two weeks and on the way home from work had someone pull out in front of me. I had to slam on my brakes while swerving to the right. She stopped so well. Without thinking or any premeditation at all, I reached up and patted the dash and said, "Good girl Elois." Then I was like, "Elois? Where the heck did that come from?" So I looked it up when I got home and the name means "Famous Warrior". Fitting I thought, so I kept it. :)

I felt pressured to give Tip her name as her build date was Thursday and I felt she needed a name on her build day. Hubby came up with The Ice Princess and I shortened it to Tip. I like Elois as a name as it is friendly and solid. I've driven into several Ford dealers trying to find an Ice Storm--no luck--so it nice to read your description. The inventory of C-Max's around here is zip. Seems many dealers got one about a month ago and they have sold the first one and they haven't got any more in yet. The big Ford ads in the newspapers are still not advertising the C-Max, and I guess that is because they have no stock. Maybe when Tip comes on the train they will have a few on board for the dealers.

I like the Blue Candy, I have a Grabber Blue Mustang GT as a fun car so you can see where I come from, my wife liked the Ice Storm at first, but once see saw the Ruby Red her mind was changed quickly. SInce the car is for her she picks the colors. The Ice Storm is a little too pale for me it is a pale green not a pale blue as in the brochures and the Ford website. We both agreed on the Stone leather interior. Makes the car look/feel bigger than the black.

If you like silver, but want a color, the Ice Storm Metallic looks perfect.

Exactly what I thought so that's what i got.

IMG_20121008_140123.jpg

I prefer light colors as they don't show the dirt as easy. So it was either white, silver or this. The dealer just happened to have this color with the few options I wanted so I pulled the trigger.

Edited by Michigan Max