What color do you perfer?

Oh come on, you guys are so conservative and plain. ;)

If we had wanted one of the "boring" colors we could have had the car from dealer stock. They only ordered the conservative colors. :)

We ordered ours in Blue Candy. The demo units we saw at the drive event had a couple Blue Candy and it was a really nice color.

We actually would have preferred some of the other colors which the Fiesta, Focus and Escape come with but the C-Max wasn't offered with them. Tangerine Scream Metallic on the Focus is really nice. Deep impact blue on the Escape. We also like Lime Squeeze and Yellow Blaze on the Fiesta.

My truck is silver because I don't need to clean it as much and it's really just for camping and hauling. But our car we want to be more fun.

Sterling Gray here.

My wife saw the "Ice Storm" and indicated that I might lose my "Man Card" if I got that one.

I liked Red, which was my second choice. (also more $$)

White looks good, but is a bit plain, costs more $$, and also shows the dirt (been there and done that!)

Black is impossible to keep clean and shows every ding. Always seems to look better on a larger car (Think "Lincoln"). Not a good choice for Texas summers.

I got the stone interior. Black is waaaayyy to hot here in Texas. Also shows the dirt.

...... That's was my line of thinking. Obviously, YMMV. Everyone gets to make a choice. The world would be awfully boring if we all had the same color!

My last few cars have been silver or silver-gray, but I wanted more color this time. So Candy Blue is my choice. Even though I'm in the South, I mostly have covered parking, so the car rarely bakes in the sun, or I'd be looking at silver again.

We wanted the Candy Blue but stayed with Silver due to the 110 degree summers here.

Edited by darrelld

I Love color.  Waiting on the C-max I ordered in Ice Storm; love it a lot most of the time, but find it can look a washed out gray sometimes, depending on light and distance.  But it's my favorite color of the choices we have.  Kept wanting to like the red, but each time I saw it, it just didn't do it for me on the C-max.  It actually surprised me, when I saw the car in Blue Candy and in white, that I liked it better in the white (which I never go for).  That told me that I like this car best in a lighter color.  But like Rachel, I would have gone for a bright green without a second thought.  (Frogs painted on it?  Maybe not.  ;-)  But look, there they are on my wallet!)

post-72-0-48794200-1354289210_thumb.jpg

We wanted the Candy Blue but stayed with Silver due to the 110 degree summers here.

The Blue Candy is not that dark.

I think over a certain temp, it doesn't matter what color your car is.  My experience in the desert southwest and the tropical southeast is that all cars get hot in the sun.   Most recently I had a navy blue VW and a silver pickup.  In Mississippi, both would burn my hands when I touched them.   :rant2:

We took a drive through death valley a couple years back.  It was 120 degrees in death valley, and 112 degrees in Las Vegas.  We were in a very light tan vehicle (probably same darkness as silver) and we could cook eggs on the paint. 

Hot as hell is hot as hell, no matter which color.  Might as well at least enjoy yourself, eh?

I found the bigger benefit was tinted windows.  ALWAYS get tinted windows.  They make a massive difference.

The Blue Candy is not that dark.

I think over a certain temp, it doesn't matter what color your car is.  My experience in the desert southwest and the tropical southeast is that all cars get hot in the sun.   Most recently I had a navy blue VW and a silver pickup.  In Mississippi, both would burn my hands when I touched them.   :rant2:

We took a drive through death valley a couple years back.  It was 120 degrees in death valley, and 112 degrees in Las Vegas.  We were in a very light tan vehicle (probably same darkness as silver) and we could cook eggs on the paint. 

Hot as hell is hot as hell, no matter which color.  Might as well at least enjoy yourself, eh?

I found the bigger benefit was tinted windows.  ALWAYS get tinted windows.  They make a massive difference.

Good point about hitting those 110+ temps. I usually go with Huber Optik tint but negotiated with the dealer to through tinting in the deal and they went cheap.

Edited by darrelld

My last 3 cars were hot red and I was prepared to get this one in a bright red too. The Ruby Red looked great in the sun but not so sharp on the cloudy day I test drove the Pearl White. When my dealer offered me a decent deal to buy the white (a first for me), I didn't hesitate. With the black elements and stone leather seats, it's a very smart looking car. I couldn't believe a reviewer's comment in our Tribune that the new C Max's style was "dowdy"!!! Pox on him.

Good point about hitting those 110+ temps. I usually go with Huber Optik tint but negotiated with the dealer to through tinting in the deal and they went cheap.

We used to have a Taurus that was a dark blue, and I don't think it had any more heat issues than our current car, which is "champagne." Really, a kind of goldish. 

We're also in North Texas, for what it's worth.

The Taurus died an early death thanks to a red light runner. ;-(

We used to have a Taurus that was a dark blue, and I don't think it had any more heat issues than our current car, which is "champagne." Really, a kind of goldish. 

We're also in North Texas, for what it's worth.

The Taurus died an early death thanks to a red light runner. ;-(

I am in Allen and you? Picked up my C-Max at Bankston Plano.

Edited by darrelld