What color do you perfer?

Ah, I was trying to think about where there was a Bankston in Plano. We ordered ours through Five Star Ford. So far the staff has been very helpful. 

I looked at 5 Star but they didn't have the color combos I wanted without ordering. The price was set no matter which dealer because my wife gets X-Plan.

Originally I wanted the black or silver CMax. Having come from a lovely black Jaguar Vanden Plas, it was my color of choice, till the wife stepped in and suggested the white instead. We live in LA so it gets hot here and she said the white is cooler but neglected the dark leather interior, lol.

So Platinum White it was. The only thing that aggravated me was the extra $495 surcharge for the metallic white paint, given that the gray and the other colors had no such premium cost on it. But we got a really nice sweet deal with the 303A package so I cannot complain.

So now I drive a Platinum White CMax, like her white Jaguar Vanden Plas. Well, not quite true, she drives my black Jaguar now since her's was TBONED.

Oh, whoever said the get the tinting - SPOT ON, I love the tinting in mine, best thing since slice cheese.

Cool, I haven't seen any other C-Maxs in Plano but according to cars.com inventory they are flying off the lots.

Other than that C-Max, the only ones I've see on the road here are ones taking test drives. But hey, maybe by the first of the year there will be one more on the road!

• 2 weeks later...

We have the SEL in Ice Storm and stone interior too.  Being perfectly honest, the Ice Storm looks very drab on the rainy grey days in the Pacific Northwest.  It looks spectacular in the sunshine though.  I think if I realized how the rainy grey skies affect the colour I would have ordered a different colour as we have several months of this monsoon climate.  The white and steel grey C-Max's have more pop in this climate.  Just something to keep in mind for new buyers.  Down south it would be perfect.

Edit:  Ice Storm is a chameleon colour and it will reflect whatever light is in the atmosphere--within the realms of palest blue and palest soft green.  I still recommend it as it is a soft interesting colour, but if you live in low light conditions like we have in Vancouver, BC area the colour does look drab grey much of the time.

Edited by Laurel

• 4 weeks later...

Really what it came down to was interior and options.  We decided on the black interior and 301A package, and would've settled for black white or grey exterior.  Went to 3 dealers, only one had what we wanted, so we got a grey one.  I didn't really like the contrast between the black rocker panels and the white exterior, so I'm glad we didn't go that way.  YMMV.

• 1 year later...

My test drive was in a sterling gray.  After I saw that in bright sunlight I did not consider another color.  I ended up driving 240 miles to a dealer that had the color and package I wanted.  Admittedly it does not look quite as good in cloudy weather but I know what it really looks like.  The metallic sparkles make it almost glow.  Not as keen on the light stone interior.  It is a light tan and I would rather have had a light or medium gray.  Black did not have any allure.

The first time I saw a Cmax, it was a Ruby Red, and it really caught my eye. To me, the car is not the best looking car, but the red, at least to me, makes it look sporty, and a lot better looking. Even my wife, who always felt the CMax was ugly, when they drive our shiny new red car to give us the keys, commented that in red, it look a lot better.  She had not really seen it in red except parked between the other new cars. I went with the stone interior, as I felt they would not get as hot as the black in the sun.

First choice would be the dark blue metallic then the red metallic.  Two colors that cost an extra 395 dollars.   But I'm a guy and I look at other options first.  Didn't have time to order the perfect option package. The car that came closest had.        ICE STORM.    I liked it  but my wife wasn't sure.    But after buying the car she's happy.   If she's happy  I'm happy

• 1 month later...

I like a white car - mine has to sit out in sun all day at work and have found it to say cooler than any other color - especially when you don't have a black interior.  I would never purchase a black interior car - although in my car shopping, that seems to be the only choice for many vehicles, including the Honda Fit.

First choice would be the dark blue metallic then the red metallic.  Two colors that cost an extra 395 dollars.   But I'm a guy and I look at other options first.  Didn't have time to order the perfect option package. The car that came closest had.        ICE STORM.    I liked it  but my wife wasn't sure.    But after buying the car she's happy.   If she's happy  I'm happy

+1

I like a white car - mine has to sit out in sun all day at work and have found it to say cooler than any other color - especially when you don't have a black interior.  I would never purchase a black interior car - although in my car shopping, that seems to be the only choice for many vehicles, including the Honda Fit.

The black interior is more of a charcoal grey.  Nothing's worse than a beige interior in my opinion.  It reminds me of my mother-in-law's Corolla.  Just the thought is mak  i nng    m  e     drowzzzzzzzzyy.................

• 2 months later...

Can I get one in Orange?  If so, I might name it "Psychotic Pumpkin"!  Of course, if I placed a flaming decal of a color that would clash with it, I might refer to it as the "Flaming Pumpkin"!  After all, back in 2003, when the first Honda Element came out, and I bought one (even though I hated that ugly box at first) in Blue, I placed a orange/red fireball decal along the beltline and referred to it as the "Flaming Box", and even joined the Honda Element Owners Club and posted as "Owner of the Flaming Box".  Watch out, I might add that addendum to my signature once I purchase a white one and add something to make it standout.  "The Flaming Max", maybe?

Ger (Former owner of the Flaming Box) :rockon: