Rear bumper protector

Hatchman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Highs in the 30's today, our friends to the north keep sending their cold weather down here. I keep telling them we don't need it, but apparently they think we do. LOL Tomorrow 56* Rain Monday down to 9* snow Yuck! Burr! What can you do. LOL  Time to install oil pan heater. :)

Paul 

You are going to hate me, it was a warm & sunny 70F when I went out to do some putting this afternoon. This weather is so weird, these cold fronts are completely missing NorCal/Sierras where we need it most.

You are going to hate me, it was a warm & sunny 70F when I went out to do some putting this afternoon. This weather is so weird, these cold fronts are completely missing NorCal/Sierras where we need it most.

I don't hate you, I was in Phoenix a week and an half ago.  Ever noticed during the winter when it's harm in the Southwest, It's Cold in the East. LOL :drop: :)

Paul

• 4 months later...

not bad service...  3 days to get from UK to my door step...

$66gbp

Looks nice... fairly hard plastic (durable)...  has adhesive tape along both long edges....but none on the short ends...

my only concern is the fitment on the right and left side.

if you notice.  in one pic  I have not applied any pressure to the edge  and it kind of sticks out a bit. and leaves a bit of a gap.

However, if I apply pressure (pic with hand)  you can see that it seems to line up and fit a bit better.

So  I have not stuck it on yet.  I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow.  I'll leave the bumper protector out in the sun tomorrow and get my heat gun up  to make the edges a bit more "compliant"

the grey  blends in well with the paint color.  but being as trim on the car is black.  it might look out of place on other car colors..

post-2136-0-56905500-1402092606_thumb.jpg

post-2136-0-08588300-1402092609_thumb.jpg

post-2136-0-57271300-1402092611_thumb.jpg

post-2136-0-43651100-1402092614_thumb.jpg

post-2136-0-34689400-1402092616_thumb.jpg

post-2136-0-68473900-1402092618_thumb.jpg

not bad service...  3 days to get from UK to my door step...

$66gbp

Looks nice... fairly hard plastic (durable)...  has adhesive tape along both long edges....but none on the short ends...

my only concern is the fitment on the right and left side.

if you notice.  in one pic  I have not applied any pressure to the edge  and it kind of sticks out a bit. and leaves a bit of a gap.

However, if I apply pressure (pic with hand)  you can see that it seems to line up and fit a bit better.

So  I have not stuck it on yet.  I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow.  I'll leave the bumper protector out in the sun tomorrow and get my heat gun up  to make the edges a bit more "compliant"

the grey  blends in well with the paint color.  but being as trim on the car is black.  it might look out of place on other car colors..

Marc,

Thanks for doing the homework on this option!

Have you put in on yet? If so, how does it fit once applied? I'm still interested in this one since I've already scratched up the bumper somewhat.

Paul

Paul. 

I did OK...on the application.  one side looks better than the other.  not sure  if I can pull it off and reapply.  the adhesive tape  is very aggressive...

if I were to do it again....I'l leave the film on the rear portion of the protector  to get the leading edge applied first  and then pull the film off from the bottom  some how...  once the tape stuck tot he clean bumper its game over...

Not sure how much I can do with the heat gun.  don't want to melt the bumper...

post-2136-0-33200800-1402658700_thumb.jpg

post-2136-0-00074100-1402658719_thumb.jpg

I figured I'd report when it arrived, but since others are shopping, here's a link to one I ordered. It says it's made in Europe, and it offers a 2007-2010 model year and Grand C-max options, so I'm expecting the same piece as from the TravAll or other UK sites. Ironically, the seller's PayPal ID (only payment method) is Korean Auto Imports, although their web site says they're based in Phoenix. I figured it was easier buying from AZ than UK.

I specifically need one with the overhang show in Marc's last pic. My bumper cover is already marred from all the furniture we've moved, including two ~10mm gouges at the edge that are still attached. They were the impetus for this purchase.

HAve fun,

Frank