Decided to go cheap with the Zeta product linked by KAL above (post #9), and so far quite pleased. It seems to be very appropriate for the C-Max bumper, especially since the three protector ribs align horizontally like the black plastic ribs below the bumper when the hatch is closed. Alignment & install was reasonably simple for one person.
I noted that the pattern is not exactly centered on the piece, so I chose to align with the pattern and not with the overall dimension - that way it looks better related to the centering cues of the latch & sensor button below. I also chose to install as far out as I dared in order to see all three of the pattern ribs when the hatch is closed.
I added a couple small additional pieces of ds tape to each end, to make sure the end did not float. My install was as follows:
1. find the preferred location and mark the edge with tape (I chose five locations)
2. add small ds tape end pieces (optional)
3. Remove the tape covers from the four added pieces at the end, and start the peel of the red factory tape covers
4. Set the protector carefully down allowing the center to touch & align (& slide if necessary), continuing down and aligning the two ends and setting
5. Peel the front factory tape strip out to the front, peel the back factory tape strip out to the back and firmly press all into full set
The first four pics below are staged for the install notes above with fake red pull tabs & a couple of the end ds tapes marked above while actuals are below, of course.
Edited by C-MaxSea, 13 September 2014 - 02:28 PM.