Rear bumper protector

Hatchman

Well the bumper guard finally arrived Saturday and they sent the wrong one; prior model and Grand C-Max to boot. About 8 inches too long. Glad I documented the web site link here!

I'm now in support-hell trying to get what I ordered. Gotta love vendors who tell you you're wrong, over and over. Especially when they only do support by plain SMS text messages (and FaceBook?) using software that ignores texts with photos, splits messages into seveeral pieces, and delivers them in random order. No email or phone contacts available, and their texting errors are, not surprisingly, my phone's fault!

I sincerely hope no one else followed my lead into this black hole of a vendor. So much for sticking with a domestic supplier...

Frank, who's not having fun.

I figured I'd report when it arrived, but since others are shopping, here's a link to one I ordered. It says it's made in Europe, and it offers a 2007-2010 model year and Grand C-max options, so I'm expecting the same piece as from the TravAll or other UK sites. Ironically, the seller's PayPal ID (only payment method) is Korean Auto Imports, although their web site says they're based in Phoenix. I figured it was easier buying from AZ than UK.

I specifically need one with the overhang show in Marc's last pic. My bumper cover is already marred from all the furniture we've moved, including two ~10mm gouges at the edge that are still attached. They were the impetus for this purchase.

HAve fun,

Frank

Edited by fbov

It's 8" too long... Grand C-Max must have had a much larger tailgate before the most recent redesign. I'd need to heat mold it to the right shape, or cut through the surface features so it'd never fit flat.  I'm not that desperate.

I've at least got the vendor talking by e-mail... at least the nice one is. Mr. crabbypants is still taking 5 texts to send 9 lines and insult me 5 times. Doesn't understand that prior documentation is actual evidence, not a baseless assersion. Of that he might have gotten some business out of this if not for the inept handling of the order.

You don't take payment for something and run away... at least an honest person doesn't. If you can't deliver, like a backorder, you inform the customer, at minimum, and good vendors never take the money until they can deliver!

They also can't spell Citroen, regardless of umlaut.

Thanks for letting me vent,

Frank

Edited by fbov

http://www.zetaproducts.net/rear-bumper-protector-fits-2013-ford-c-max.aspx

This is the one I installed. It doesn't cover all of the bumper, but will hopefully protect it against most damage when I am load and unloading equipment.

How has this been working for you KAL?  (Anyone else give this one a try?)  Your pics look great, I was wondering if it could be installed a little further out toward the bumper nose?  I like the simple look, simple install & low price.  Still on the fence between this and the UK one, leaning toward this one. 

Marc, are you still satisfied with yours?  Sounded a bit tricky to get a good install.

Nick

min is still working fine...  I use it to prop my feet on it when I put on my golf shoes...

I think with the lip makes getting the placement easy,  just  getting the thing to stick in the proper place I think is the hardest part.

even with mine "off a bit"  I'm still pleased.  you might need an extra pair of hands or something.

I'm not sure  but maybe if you sprayed it down with soapy water  before application  that adhesive woudl grab when you squeegee the water out from under it...like you would for any decal...

• 1 month later...

Decided to go cheap with the Zeta product linked by KAL above (post #9), and so far quite pleased.  It seems to be very appropriate for the C-Max bumper, especially since the three protector ribs align horizontally like the black plastic ribs below the bumper when the hatch is closed.  Alignment & install was reasonably simple for one person. 

I noted that the pattern is not exactly centered on the piece, so I chose to align with the pattern and not with the overall dimension - that way it looks better related to the centering cues of the latch & sensor button below.  I also chose to install as far out as I dared in order to see all three of the pattern ribs when the hatch is closed.

I added a couple small additional pieces of ds tape to each end, to make sure the end did not float.  My install was as follows:

1. find the preferred location and mark the edge with tape (I chose five locations)

2. add small ds tape end pieces (optional)

3. Remove the tape covers from the four added pieces at the end, and start the peel of the red factory tape covers

4. Set the protector carefully down allowing the center to touch & align (& slide if necessary), continuing down and aligning the two ends and setting

5. Peel the front factory tape strip out to the front, peel the back factory tape strip out to the back and firmly press all into full set

The first four pics below are staged for the install notes above with fake red pull tabs & a couple of the end ds tapes marked above while actuals are below, of course.

Nick

post-328-0-47281100-1410635446_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-55086200-1410635448_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-66924000-1410635450_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-43237000-1410635452_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-98617800-1410635454_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-50617700-1410635456_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-14989300-1410635458_thumb.jpg

Edited by C-MaxSea