Charging System Software Update

nemonik

Has anyone created a thread to track the software update noted in "Ford Communication" posted yesterday to the gallery.

Apparently, Ford doesn't push these to the cars and we'd have to head to the dealer for service to acquire them.

Hmm.

I hope Ford doesn't adopt Microsoft's patching model. Patch frequently.  Patch often. God, I hope not.

Edited by nemonik

Has anyone created a thread to track the software update noted in "Ford Communication" posted yesterday to the gallery.

Apparently, Ford doesn't push these to the cars and we'd have to head to the dealer for service to acquire them.

Hmm.

Yikes, it would seem Ford is adopting Microsoft's patching model. God, I hope not.

I have a '98 Ford Explorer and it has had updates to the Engine Control Module for certain reasons.  I don't think this kind of thing is anything new, and will probably become more frequent as the complexity of cars continues to increase.

Hmm.

Yikes, it would seem Ford is adopting Microsoft's patching model. God, I hope not.

For clarity so when people read the thread title and thread, the Ford Communication posted yesterday says Ford is developing a software update to increase Charging  System Output.  TSB 12-11-8 referred to in the communication is not a Charging System Output update.

For clarity so when people read the thread title and thread, the Ford Communication posted yesterday says Ford is developing a software update to increase Charging  System Output.  TSB 12-11-8 referred to in the communication is not a Charging System Output update.

Is this to allow faster 240v charging?