What's your favorite My View and why?

When I read the My View section in the manual I decided to set mine after I figured out other things about the car. I've had my car over a month and am fairly comfortabe with it so I've started using My View. I set mine up with power+threshold on the left and coolant temperature on the right. I like to monitor battery activity so that's why I want power+threshold and I'm curious to see the thermometer change colors when the engine warms. I'll probably change it after my curiosity is satisfied. I'm curious to see the reasons why other people chose theirs.

My "My View" has the tachometer and the coolant temperature. This is my first non-manual transmission car and I don't feel right without an engine speed display. However, depending on my mood I'll switch around between the Empower, Engage, My View and Trip 1 data.

I love My View.  I wish there were two or three of them so I could have all the options available and toggle back/forth between them.  I have an ultra-gauge OBD-II reader display that I used with my previous other hybrids that allowed this.  

Currently I have the Power+threshold set for first display window and DTE (range) set for middle display while battery and fuel levels are unchangeable on the third display.   I'm still on my first tank of gas so once I get more comfortable with tank range I'll experiment and switch the DTE to something else.  I also have all the optional battery display choices checked on for all screens.  Combined, this gives me nearly all the info my Prius screen did.  The camry had less.

I have Power+Threshold and coolant temp also. I flip down to MyView to check warm up getting starting in the morning. I'd like to use MPG off of Trip 1 or Trip 2 on the right, but unfortuantely I only get time, diastance an EV miles. Does anyone know how to show MPG from the Trip meters on MyView?

I use Trip 1 for the current trip, be it going to work, or whatever. I'd like to be able to flip down quick to my view to check overall trip MPG and then back to Empower.

I use power+threshold on the left side with current average mpg displayed.  On the right side I have the screen which shows my current power, cruising, and accel levels.  I find by keeping these as close to 100% as possible most of the time has really caused my numbers to increase.  Have seen it go as high as 51.3mpg

I have my view with rpm and temperature but use it infrequently now.  

wamba2000, are you using a/c yet?  It seems like there is a 6-8 % hit on FE when I use the a/c at modest ambient temps (low / upper 80's). I wonder what the hit will be when it's gets to 110*F.`  I doubt my lifetime will be going up much now since the heat is fast approaching.

Friday, I noticed about a 10% hit on FE using a/c during 87 / 88*F ambient, sunny day, 100 miles RT using auto climate control set at 74*F over a similar trip with no a/c.   About 1/2 the trip was at 65- mph and virtually the rest between 40 and 55 mph (Gold Canyon - Coolidge). I got 44.8 mpg compared to virtually the same trip in late February with 60+*F ambient and no a/c, when I got 49.7 mpg.

Plus3, I did about a 50 miles turn around Phoenix area on Sunday on freeways mostly at 70 or so mph.  My liftime mileage is up to 41.8 and seems to be staying there.  Trip 1 showed mileage over 48 last week; after the running around and with my wife sitting in back commenting on how she wanted more air, myl Trip 1 mileage is down to 46.2 this morning.  I did have the shade screen on the roof closed to minimize heat transfer.

When the temps get up over 100, I would guess we will take the hit on mpg.

Question: when sitting stopped in traffice, I still feel a goodly amount of cold air from teh a/c system.  Is it totally running off the ICE, or does it use EV power when stopped or at low speeds?  I have had other traditional cars where you could tell a rise of a degree or two at idle.  At least I have not experienced that with Cmax so far.

Question: when sitting stopped in traffice, I still feel a goodly amount of cold air from teh a/c system.  Is it totally running off the ICE, or does it use EV power when stopped or at low speeds?  I have had other traditional cars where you could tell a rise of a degree or two at idle.  At least I have not experienced that with Cmax so far.

The A/C is completely electrical and powered by the lithium-ion hybrid (hi-voltage) battery.  If you sit long enough with the a/c running and drain the battery down to its minimum state of charge, the engine will come on to generate the necessary voltage to recharge it and then shut off again.  

• 1 month later...

I love the fact that we have an electric pump/compressor for the A/C.  When I get caught in freeway traffic (which is allot of the time) I can sit at a dead stop and still enjoy plenty of cool air in the cabin.  Not like the old days with a belt driven compressor which robbed power from the ICE and also caused overheating when in a slow or stopped situation with it running for a period of time.  CMax is good

I have a new favorite My View. While taking a long trip I tweaked my driving and thought the accessory power and coach would help to teach me how to improve my mpg. The accessory power comes in handy when I had my phone, iPod touch, and mifi plugged in. Actually I unplugged everything after monitoring the accessory power. The coaching came in handy when I got better gas mileage than my sweet husband because I'm the one using all the accessories when he drives. I'm better driving in town because I've always had good acceleration and braking and he's better on the highway. I'll change it again when my needs change. For now I'm learning from these views.

Edited by C-Maxgo

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to display instantaneous MPG in My View? I have it enabled, but can't seem to find a way to display it in this view. The closest I come is split power on the left, which still displays lifetime avg MPG, and 2 minute graph on the right.

Since I purchased this car with 3800 miles on it, I want to be able to track MY usage since purchase, not lifetime. FWIW, lifetime avg is 37.9 at 4400 miles, while my single tank has gotten over 49 mpg avg. See Fuelly sig below.

Yes, the instant meter is available as a choice in Menu 5 (the right side of My View).  Page 114 of the owners manual.  Check it out online:  http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1603-on-line-owners-manual/

You can reset the lifetime avg (buried in the settings menu to avoid accidental deletion) so it will only reflect your ownership.  I would.

Yes, the instant meter is available as a choice in Menu 5 (the right side of My View).  Page 114 of the owners manual.  Check it out online:  http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1603-on-line-owners-manual/

You can reset the lifetime avg (buried in the settings menu to avoid accidental deletion) so it will only reflect your ownership.  I would.

Thank you, fotomoto! I finally found this setting. It's only available on the right hand side of the split screen in My View, is this correct? My left hand side still shows avg, which I've now just reset so it reflects my driving. Do I have that right, or is there a way to change the avg to instantaneous on left side? Either way, I'm better informed now so thanks!

Yes, the AVG meter stays on the left and the instant on the right.  This is NOT your lifetime avg though.  That is typically only viewed on the left screen after you power down.  The first display will be the trip summary of the last power on to off cycle.  This will remain for a few seconds and then it will change to the cars' lifetime mpg display.  You can use the left steering wheel up/down arrows to switch between the two.  Since you bought the car used, there is no telling what the lifetime value truly reflects.  Again, I suggest you reset this one too so as to reflect your driving and not that of the previous owner.  (pg 123 in the manual)

Yes, the AVG meter stays on the left and the instant on the right.  This is NOT your lifetime avg though.  That is typically only viewed on the left screen after you power down.  The first display will be the trip summary of the last power on to off cycle.  This will remain for a few seconds and then it will change to the cars' lifetime mpg display.  You can use the left steering wheel up/down arrows to switch between the two.  Since you bought the car used, there is no telling what the lifetime value truly reflects.  Again, I suggest you reset this one too so as to reflect your driving and not that of the previous owner.  (pg 123 in the manual)

Wow, Doug; you sure are knowledgeable! I'm beginning to think that you have those pages in the OM committed to memory...jk; very helpful indeed. I've reset the lifetime miles so it reflects my driving, and not the previous owners who were foolish enough to sell this vehicle with barely 4000 miles on her. Thanks again for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I'm having trouble with MyView. I can't seem to get the empower view set in MyView. 

It's odd because I use to have it there, then I was messing with it, and now empower does not seem

to be an option in MyView.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

You need to set your left side to Split Power and your right side to Instantaneous Fuel.  Then it will look like the empower display.  Actually all you would have to do when you are in My View is press the up arrow once and you would be in the empower display.  Then you could create something else to display in My View.  I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

I am having difficulty getting the display I want - I have the Empower display which I like (although I am not exactly sure what everything means) - However, I would like to add to this is miles to empty and Trip A but I'm not sure if I can or how I can do that?  Is it possible and if so, how?