Lifetime Summary Display?

Is there a way to see the lifetime summary other than shutting off the car? The only thing I can find in the manual and on the forum is how to reset it.

I am quickly turning into a geek about all the stats for my car and would love a way to see the lifetime summary. It would be really nice if there was a statistic screen on the touch screen. Maybe add it to the vehicle settings page on there and add it to the trip screen so if you don't have a touch screen you can still see it.

Is there a way to see the lifetime summary other than shutting off the car? The only thing I can find in the manual and on the forum is how to reset it.

I am quickly turning into a geek about all the stats for my car and would love a way to see the lifetime summary. It would be really nice if there was a statistic screen on the touch screen. Maybe add it to the vehicle settings page on there and add it to the trip screen so if you don't have a touch screen you can still see it.

I just found this in the manual: 

"Trip Summary and Lifetime Summary: These will be displayed upon shutting off the vehicle. Trip Summary will appear first, then Lifetime Summary will be displayed. You can toggle between these displays using the up and down arrow keys on the left hand steering wheel controls."

I hope this helps.

As far as I know the only display of those stats is on the shutdown of the car. What some folks have done ( including myself) is to use trip 2 to keep a running total of stats. I am unaware of any way of accessing the lifetime info other than on shutdown.

• 1 year later...

I just found this in the manual: 

"Trip Summary and Lifetime Summary: These will be displayed upon shutting off the vehicle. Trip Summary will appear first, then Lifetime Summary will be displayed. You can toggle between these displays using the up and down arrow keys on the left hand steering wheel controls."

I hope this helps.

Weird, I don't think that worked on my 2014 Energi. Maybe I did left-right instead though, I'll be sure to try this tonight on my drive home from work.  

The Lifetime Summary feature was removed sometime during the mid-2013 model year. The change likely occurred for cars produced on or after 07/31/2013, based upon discussions in the C-MAX Energi forums linked in this post: http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/topic/1654-new-nrgs-built-after-7-31-13-wont-show-mpge-or-lifetime-summary/

Ours, produced on April 10, 2013 still has it. 

Edited by kostby

The Lifetime summary can be useful information when buying a car.  If the lifetime average is low, the car may not have been a gently used as if it were high. Auto dealers trying to sell a used c-max may not want that on the car.  Trying to say it gets good mileage and seeing a low lifetime summary or one that has just be reset would be a red flag.  

There are other factors too, like sometimes I sit in the car in a parking lot with the heater on and work.

I think if they just had more trip meters it would be fine.  (By the way, I don't like the menu set up for the trip meters.  I think they should be displayed at all times like a physical meter, no matter what the other displays.  Perhaps on the efficiency leaves.)

Edited by obob

nope, its your car now, you make of it as you will :)  reset would have been something I would have been done too.

+1. My C-MAX was pulled from the line and given in-depth testing by Ford. It had 113 or 117 miles on it when I purchased. I drove from my dealer to a close by gas station, filled up, and reset everything. My numbers are mine.