11STiLimited's Member's Journal (updated 11/08/13)

Wanted to throw in a thought regarding using Plasti-dip since I used it first on my wheels as everyone knows and then I did the large grilled opening cause just didn't care for that cheesy chrome stuff running horizontally across the opening.  Nice thing about Plasti-Dikp is it can be removed by just pulling up a corner or edge.  It enough coats were applied giving the coat a nice thickness it pulls right off in a single sheet.   1StiLimited could do this on the Ford Oval if he wanted too.  Comes right off even months after application, or so the website www.dipmyride.com

The upper grill will be re-dipped soon, as I had a texture issue in a spot. It will later be a Ravens logo in the Ford oval (front and rear).

I want to do this on our car when it gets here. Since it is black, I wanna basically black out all the chrome. I just don't trust myself to do a good job(not a great DIY). Will probably have to pay someone to do it.

Plasti-dip so so easy to use. Nothing like painting at all.  Just tape off your area like normal, including blocking behind the openings. Allow a generous 3-4 inches of over spray.  Spray your surface, as directed in many youtube videos.  No matter how many coats the video says, I recommend at least 5 coats.  This will give you the ability to peel a nice thick layer away from the car.

your pix show badges but your post talks about removing badges so I'm a little confused here.

what are you trying to show?

what is the difference between the SEL and SE badges?

The "SE" Badge was the only one I removed.  I like the C-Max logo, as well as the "Hybrid" Badges. I showed that they were plasti-dipped black, as opposed to the stock chrome.  The "SE" & "SEL" badges are essentially the same, plus the "L".  I removed the "evidence" that I bought the cheapest base model, I could find, lol. I was trying to save as much $$$ as possible, and the perks of the SEL put the car out of my price range, given my trade-in situation.

• 3 months later...

By top edge, do to mean the front edge of the hatch?  I set them up based on the front edge of the "lip".  I must have misinterpreted the advice from the other thread.  I will re-align them before I leave today.  Thanks for the tip.

You're pretty good, jus move the end ones back. If you look at your pics the end ones are about 1" while the other vary 1 1/2 to 2". They should all be the same distance from the edging. As to how effective these minor adjustments are - I cannot tell since the obvious happened but I was starting to think & establish the 1 1/2 was better than the 1. I would luv to see your stats.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

• 2 weeks later...

Are you happy with the black contrasted against the White Platinum?  I have Oxford White, and there is a big jump in price for the matching color.  I really wasn't looking for them to stand out, but it looks okay in your pics.  Would you post a pic or two showing your C-MAX from enough distance to see?

Sorry for the delay...

9yis.jpg
3i4z.jpg

• 2 months later...

It was hit by a drunk driver and that's all she wrote. Everyone is ok, glad for the air bags :)

May these drunk drivers FRY in hell, I was hit by one "under the DUI influence" as well....glad you're OK.

You're always welcome here, even if you replaced your CMax. Hell look at salsaguy, he's not got a CMax and he's still posting like crazy.... ;)