Who has 3.1.3 Nav and IT WORKS PROPERLY?

Trying to see if there is ANY poster over here with a MFT 3.1.3 that has a working Navigation with NO issue with "floating" triangle or triangle going over houses etc?

Also, if you have the TSB 13-1-11 applied and it works, let us know as well.

et us know....anyone?

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Just recently bought the car, but it appears to be OK. The location is accurate and no float. We are on 3.13. Don't know if the TSB was performed. Dealer sez nothing to update at this time.

The only issue we're having is inconsistent pairing with our iPhones...

Marty in Kerrville

I have 3.1.3 and was having that issue. I brought my car in for the TSB and they ended up having to replace the GPS Module. Got that done on Friday and haven't had issues so far. Still watching the map most of the time while driving and will report back if I have the issue again. I am hopeful that it is fixed for good.

I have the older version too. I haven't used the GPS much, since I usually travel to places I know, but when I have used it, it's worked fine. Also, the read-out on the screen knows where I am all the time.

We'll be driving to a race this weekend and I plan to use it then. If we end up @ Ford Field, and not in the middle of a corn field, we'll be ok.

It's beginning to look to me as if the problem is a bad batch of GPSM devices.  I'm on 3.1.3 and the dealer confirmed I already had the software from the TSB 13.1.11 installed.  Build date 12/20/12. The floating remains and now I'm thinking I'll go back in with the reported info on the GPMS and get it replaced.  It's annoying to have to educate the dealer on this problem.

My video on the problem:

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

Took C-Max into dealer today to have the gps module replaced.  Called about two hours ago and said that the new module did not fix the problem.  They are talking to Ford to find out why.  GPS has been quirky since we got it in December.

UPDATE:  GPS WORKS - YIPEE - my C-Max is now perfect.  We drove around and it stays on track.  No wandering around in the bushes or off road.

Here is what the work order says:

"Copied the info from the old GPSM on to the IDS.  Removed the ICP & removed the GPMS.  Installed the new GPMS.  Reinstalled the IPC.  Downloaded the info back into the new GPSM."

Edited by joe

Took C-Max into dealer today to have the gps module replaced.  Called about two hours ago and said that the new module did not fix the problem.  They are talking to Ford to find out why.  GPS has been quirky since we got it in December.

UPDATE:  GPS WORKS - YIPEE - my C-Max is now perfect.  We drove around and it stays on track.  No wandering around in the bushes or off road.

Here is what the work order says:

"Copied the info from the old GPSM on to the IDS.  Removed the ICP & removed the GPMS.  Installed the new GPMS.  Reinstalled the IPC.  Downloaded the info back into the new GPSM."

joe - please keep us all updated. I think u may be onto something here with the GPSM module. Mine was working fine at the start and then started to play up. Looks like there are some good 3.1.3 Navs out there. I'll wait a while before hammering my Galpin Ford about this.

Lets see some more....

Here's an update on my GPS.  Yesterday we took a 300 mile trip that I monitored and here is what I saw.  I usually don't have problems with my navigation until yesterday. I connected my iPod touch via Bluetooth in an attempt to see google map in navigation. I wasn't successful so I turned Bluetooth off on the Itouch. We also had our route programmed in navigation. Then we stopped for lunch and after getting back into the car MTF said to connect a phone. Before we got out of the car I had my phone on and Bluetooth enabled. That's when I realized that MTF has trouble when two Bluetooth devices are connected. I don't know if this affected navigation but it also went crazy and displayed that we were off route but we weren't. After restarting my phone the phone connected and navigation was back to normal.  

Later in the trip I noticed that the arrow on the navigation was to the right of the highway we were on and the display read "off route".  I haven't been on enough trips to say that this is a problem because the old highway runs parallel to the one we were on.  Maybe the map is still programed with the old highway.  Are these problems similar to problems that others have been having?

• 2 weeks later...

Jus-A-Max - So far, we've experienced not problems with the fixed GPS.  We use it everytime we drive to see how its working, and so far, its spot on.

Thanks Joe - I am about to take my CMax in to have the GPS looked at by Galpin. The 3.5.1 is due really soon but I still want them to check out the GPS unit as you advised. Thanks for the heads up and update - much appreciated  :rockon:

Jus-A-Max - So far, we've experienced not problems with the fixed GPS.  We use it everytime we drive to see how its working, and so far, its spot on.

Thanks Joe - I am about to take my CMax in to have the GPS looked at by Galpin. The 3.5.1 is due really soon but I still want them to check out the GPS unit as you advised. Thanks for the heads up and update - much appreciated  :rockon:

Just to be clear, are we talking about navigation or GPS?  They are not the same.

What is the difference between navigation and GPS?  I use the words interchangeably.

GPS (Global Positioning System) is the technology behind the navigation feature. I think most people use the term interchangeably.

GPS can tell you where on earth you are, but not how to get somewhere else.  That's where navigation comes in.  My C-max has GPS so it knows when it's close to home (actually just where it's frequently parked).  It does not have navigation so we have no clue how to get somewhere else.  :-)

I should post an update: I got the software recalibration from the TSB, which seemed to reduce my navigation location errors. However, from a highway drive a few days ago, it has not eliminated them. The map clearly had me on the next road over, and was trying to navigate me back to the interstate. I'll probably ask for a GPSM replacement next time I take the car to the dealer (hopefully in a week or two for the 3.5.1 update)

I can only tell you that if you go down the road, and the navigation system shows you a hundred feet to the left, right, or in front of where you really are, the fix is the GPS Module.  I would say that the problem is the GPS and not the navigation software.