CMAX OEM tires are VERY efficient!

F8L

... First wet corner I took in my new CMax and stability control was all there was to save my butt. ...

Does recall 14S04 apply to your car? It applies to the stability control module, which had malfunctioned in my car. Prior to the malfunction, I had experienced stability control. It was most disconcerting to feel the brakes when I knew neither foot was on the pedal. Perfectly dry conditions, driving under control, until overruled by the car's "safety" systems. Nothing untoward since it was repaired...

And I've thankfully been spared your wet weather performance; these tires meet my needs. 

Have fun,

Frank

• 8 months later...

I do not have any problems with efficiency, just the replacement price.  2013 cmax sel 56227 miles and still could get a bit more miles.  Changed over to Continental Purecontact on 11 Sept 2017.  No noticeable loss in mpg's.  Driven about 400 miles on new Purecontact tires, noticed that we do not feel most of the road joints like before.  Handling is great.  Feels like you have tiger paws on each wheel.  Tires rated for 70 k miles.  Price was important along with LRR and performance.  $550 from walmart plus $40 to balance and -$70 visa card as we bought them in August 2017 when rebate was on.  Consumers Report say both tires very similar.  Still have a bit of noise at the back but less now with new tires.   :)  :)  :wub2:

• 3 years later...