Sadly I can testify great front and rear crumple zones

Hippie'sMom

My street parked C-Max was plowed into by a drunk driver (who ran) 3 am Sunday morning.  BOTH my C-Max and PT Cruiser parked in front of it were moved forward a complete car length + a foot or 2.  A Nissan minivan hit it and was abandoned, horn blaring and impounded by the cops.   Hauled to the Ford dealer today.  Less than 500 miles on her.  Hope they can get her back to me in reasonable shape.  The PT is driveable at least--glad I held on to it.  Filled it up for the first time since October--the C-Max has  been great for saving PT gas too  :shift:  

post-753-0-25207700-1366684278_thumb.jpg

post-753-0-03073800-1366684289_thumb.jpg

The neighbor kid and his dad had come in from the prom 10 minutes earlier, so real disaster was averted.  Could have been tragedy.

I hope the insurance company doesn't do wrong by me.  After seeing the t-boned car, I am worried about it being totaled too.  Or getting it back and not driving right.

I'm really sorry about Hippie and Petey.

With all the texting, DUI drivers and other such foolery going on these days, its a good thing the C is such a safe car.  I'm glad you were not in it to find out just how safe. Also glad your neighbors were not in the mix.

Best of luck to you and Hippie and Petey!

Ouch! makes me sick to look at these.  This is my biggest fear when I leave my Max out of my sight.  I think it is safe to say that your insurance will total it.  Damage is pretty extensive both front and rear.  So very sorry this happened.  But good no one was hurt.  Keep us posted on how things develop.

Well, I had a message today to call State Farm at a different extension.  They answered "Total Loss Department" so, spoiler alert, I thought.  I went to University Ford and got my plate a pair of mittens, a hanger, my gas receipts, and the other personal item detritus.  The body shop guy was pretty surprised that they totaled her.  I got a copy of the bill of sale--State Farm asked for that and is making noises like they will make me whole on this thing since they know I had so few miles--it was around 4000--typo above I meant 5000 not 500.

So Hippie is now Dead Hippie and the replacement will be her twin, I hope, Yippie.

Well, I had a message today to call State Farm at a different extension.  They answered "Total Loss Department" so, spoiler alert, I thought.  I went to University Ford and got my plate a pair of mittens, a hanger, my gas receipts, and the other personal item detritus.  The body shop guy was pretty surprised that they totaled her.  I got a copy of the bill of sale--State Farm asked for that and is making noises like they will make me whole on this thing since they know I had so few miles--it was around 4000--typo above I meant 5000 not 500.

So Hippie is now Dead Hippie and the replacement will be her twin, I hope, Yippie.

Lol, you are too funny. I think thats the best course...Yippie, here she comes  :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax