Sadly I can testify great front and rear crumple zones

Hippie'sMom

I am told Hippie's twin will be on the lot tomorrow.  State Farm has been a lamb so far (I think my totally blameless story helps) and I got the financial word today.  I had no gap coverage, which I will get this next time for Yippie having dodged the metaphorical bullet this time.  The pay off is below what State Farm will give me (we conferenced in the lender and got the 10 day pay off).  I paid 5K down so that helped me stay right side up.  State Farm discounted from my Bill of Sale--they took the 3600 miles and multiplied by the IRS 56.5 cent/mile or whatever it is and had that as the depreciation.  Even with that, I'll get some money back.  I really come out less than $5 bucks out with the $1 K deductible (which I may get back after we pursue the minivan policy).  I give all the financial details in case anyone is unfortunate enough to know someone in a similar stead.

I am unsure if the dealer can work magic to get me behind the wheel before all the money changes hands among the various parties.  Petey the busted PT and I can get along with our leaking tailpipe fumes until we get the all clear.  I am going to make sure I pay attention to the thread on what to know before you leave the dealer.  Redux.

Did they catch the driver?

Didn't know what gap insurance was until I purchased my last car.  Hope I never need it though.

Well I knew what it was but had declined it on previous purchases but I got it on the CMAX because I wasn't going to have much equity due to trade-in loss.  I, too, hope I never need it.

Edited by fotomoto

Welcome Yippie!

I couldn't stand to leave her on the street..  I have an "auto court" (concrete blocks with grass poking though) and the lawn is out of control but I have a concrete pad I can leave her on.  I think it might have the new MFT installed--I'll find out more tomorrow.  Hope this night is less eventful than last Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...

So they totaled the PT too, but since it has been babied all these years, there's no used car I can vouch for in the same way, so I took the bucks (they gave me more than expected), paid them $819 salvage so I make actually come out even.  The body shop got a lift gate that just happened to be the right color (I said we would hillbilly it up and use whatever color they got).  The saga continues.  Yippie and I will take our first long trip, to Ohio, soon.  The suitcases and manual wheelchair all fit according to the dry run I did last night, so wish us luck.

So they totaled the PT too, but since it has been babied all these years, there's no used car I can vouch for in the same way, so I took the bucks (they gave me more than expected), paid them $819 salvage so I make actually come out even.  The body shop got a lift gate that just happened to be the right color (I said we would hillbilly it up and use whatever color they got).  The saga continues.  Yippie and I will take our first long trip, to Ohio, soon.  The suitcases and manual wheelchair all fit according to the dry run I did last night, so wish us luck.

Luck!

Yippie will be more than fine. Enjoy the trip, take some photos and post'em up here :)