Sticker price?

Hi all I'm new here. I currently have an 08 focus with 75k and I'm starting to look at the C Max. I've decided that I want a loaded energi. Is ford doing X plan on the cmax? What type of rebates, or incentives have you gotten? Is ford willing to deal on the cmax?

I ordered in January and got the standard $750 retail customer cash.  At signing they threw in another Ford $750 incentive that I didn't know about.

Others have posted that they were able to use the X plan for the C-Max.

Awesome thanks for your input. :)

We used the X plan in mid Feb. with the $750.00 rebate for our hybrid.

I also ordered some brochures but never received the $750 coupon, other people did??? some people (me) did  not ??? it's a Ford thing.

I just checked on myplan.ford.com, X-Plan saves $1566 on the Energi.

You can get X-Plan pricing with the current Private Cash Offer of $750 plus the current incentive of $750 (Hybrid only).  There may be other applicable incentives like military, police and so forth that can also be tacked on.  Also, remember that X-Plan limits the dealer Fees to $100 where normally these fees are around $395. So, that generally saves about $295 over Truecar, Costco and other buying services.  So, if negotiating with the dealer you would have to beat these discounts available under the X-Plan.  

The last time I checked (April 9th for a Wisconsin zip code shown below), the discounts using X-Plan would be about the numbers shown below:

SE = 1092 + 750 (incentive) + 750 (private cash) = 2592 + 295 (dealer fee savings) = 2887

SEL = 1270 + 750 (incentive) + 750 (private cash) = 2770 + 295 (dealer fee savings) = 3065

Energi = 1528 +  750 (private cash) = 2278 + 295 (dealer fee savings) = 2573

gallery_167_32_4884.jpg

You can get X-Plan pricing with the current Private Cash Offer of $750 plus the current incentive of $750 (Hybrid only).  There may be other applicable incentives like military, police and so forth that can also be tacked on.  Also, remember that X-Plan limits the dealer Fees to $100 where normally these fees are around $395. So, that generally saves about $295 over Truecar, Costco and other buying services.  So, if negotiating with the dealer you would have to beat these discounts available under the X-Plan.  

The last time I checked (April 9th for a Wisconsin zip code shown below), the discounts using X-Plan would be about the numbers shown below:

SE = 1092 + 750 (incentive) + 750 (private cash) = 2592 + 295 (dealer fee savings) = 2887

SEL = 1270 + 750 (incentive) + 750 (private cash) = 2770 + 295 (dealer fee savings) = 3065

Energi = 1528 +  750 (private cash) = 2278 + 295 (dealer fee savings) = 2573

gallery_167_32_4884.jpg

Wow thanks. Y'all are so helpful. I still need to take it on a test drive. I'm going to try and sneak one in when Im there to get breaks for the focus. Hopefully they won't be too pushy. That's a major turn off.

What is the "X Plan" and where do I find out about it?

We are AAA and Costco members and were going to use that to get my wifes CMax SEL 303a

Has anyone here used the AAA or Costco no haggle price option to buy a CMax? if so please report

Also if you get the $750 cash then you cant use their financing correct? and if so did you finance through another bank or credit union. I know they will want you to stay with Ford credit and dont want to lose the money to Ford so....whats been everyones experience

They always say to get pre-approved/pre-qualified with another bank before going to the dealer to get the car and try to have the dealer meet/beat the financing you alredy have with their own finc. company.

EL = 1270 + 750 (incentive) + 750 (private cash) = 2770 + 295 (dealer fee savings) = 3065
Edited by salsaguy

What is the "X Plan" and where do I find out about it?

We are AAA and Costco members and were going to use that to get my wifes CMax SEL 303a

Has anyone here used the AAA or Costco no haggle price option to buy a CMax? if so please report

X plan is a special pricing plan offered from ford. Some places of employment sign on for x plan and give access to their employees as a benefit. Usually x plan takes off up to 2k.

AAA, Costco, USAA and others having buying plans to get a pretty good price.  X plan is also a nice way to get a good discount with the other rebates/incentives.

I found a dealer that beat all of that, so I didn't have deal with any of those program.   So yes, some dealers are willing to deal.  You can buy for thousands below sticker price.  

Does anyone here have an energi? How many miles on a full charge do you get?

hiya maxed, there's an Energi forum over at http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/, but most of us read both forums since there's little difference between the vehicles.

The 21 mile EPA rating for a full charge is pretty accurate, but it will vary based on conditions. In colder weather, I typically saw 15-17 miles when running the heat. With mild spring weather, the estimate is up to 25. In the heat of the summer, AC will probably drop it back down to 21ish.

If your daily drive is reasonably short, and you don't need a ton of cargo space, the Energi is a great vehicle. All the comfort of the C-Max, plus you can get absurdly high MPG on average. (My lifetime total is just below 60 now, but the last tank was over 80)

hiya maxed, there's an Energi forum over at http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/, but most of us read both forums since there's little difference between the vehicles.

The 21 mile EPA rating for a full charge is pretty accurate, but it will vary based on conditions. In colder weather, I typically saw 15-17 miles when running the heat. With mild spring weather, the estimate is up to 25. In the heat of the summer, AC will probably drop it back down to 21ish.

If your daily drive is reasonably short, and you don't need a ton of cargo space, the Energi is a great vehicle. All the comfort of the C-Max, plus you can get absurdly high MPG on average. (My lifetime total is just below 60 now, but the last tank was over 80)

That's great thank you. People on this forum have been really helpful and nice. Loving it.

How did you know he was going to beat those prices if you didnt get those prices 1st which requires you to use the program and then contact a approved AAA/Costco dealer that allows no haggle pricing?

Got those prices from other dealerships.

I had a friend looking for the same car/options who is a Costco, USAA, and AAA member and in the military (X plan), who ended buying the same week as me, and we shared data.  I think he contacted every Ford dealership in 300 miles.  

He found a dealership that beat all of those and had the salesman call me.  Basically, he did all the work and shared the info.  Good friend to have and saved me lots of money and time. 

Edited by Hatchman

I am a Costco member, and the dealership that I checked with showed me the dealer invoice, and that had noted on it the various plan pricing, such as X, etc.  From what I recall, there were three plans shown: X, D and another that I forget.  They were pretty similar, maybe within about $200 or so of each other.  The Costco plan was similar.

Just as a point of reference, here are the various plan prices for the car that I ordered last month:

SEL, 302A, only buy-up options are paint color and panoramic sunroof.

MSRP: $32,765.00

A-plan: $29,827.88

D-plan: $29,927.88

X-plan: $31,142.91

As I understand it, A-plan pricing is for Ford employees, D-plan is for family members of eligible employees, X-plan is for employees of partner companies as well as members of participating organizations.

Ahh yeah that helps

not typical for us mortals. too much work but yes worth it if you can save $$$

good job

just wondering if AAA and Costco are the same price or diff as we have both

Got those prices from other dealerships.

I had a friend looking for the same car/options who is a Costco, USAA, and AAA member and in the military (X plan), who ended buying the same week as me, and we shared data.  I think he contacted every Ford dealership in 300 miles.  

He found a dealership that beat all of those and had the salesman call me.  Basically, he did all the work and shared the info.  Good friend to have and saved me lots of money and time. 

X plan is a special pricing plan offered from ford. Some places of employment sign on for x plan and give access to their employees as a benefit. Usually x plan takes off up to 2k.

Too bad I was unemployed when I bought mine no one to ask for X-Plan which I've never heard of.  I'm a Costco & AAA member, never thought to go through them.  oh well

Edited by mtb9153

can you update your post to also show the invoice price of the SEL with 302A so there is a ref

per edmunds:

base MSRP price of SEL without options is: $28,365

invoice proce of SEL is: $26,451

True Market Price is $27,275

the 302A package is and additional:

$1,798 invoice
$2,015 MSRP
$1,938 True Market price

so you should figure to pay $29,213 for an SEL 302a without any other options

Just as a point of reference, here are the various plan prices for the car that I ordered last month:

SEL, 302A, only buy-up options are paint color and panoramic sunroof.

MSRP: $32,765.00
A-plan: $29,827.88
D-plan: $29,927.88
X-plan: $31,142.91

As I understand it, A-plan pricing is for Ford employees, D-plan is for family members of eligible employees, X-plan is for employees of partner companies as well as members of participating organizations.