Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sending Destinations To Navigation Using Mapquest

Navigation Mapquest

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Wnuk

Wnuk

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 117 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Just tried mapquest for a short trip I am taking tomorrow and it worked OK on my end. The option to send to car and Sync were there and clickable.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Yes, I was mistaken. If you put in a start and ending point the send to car menu appears. A single point doesn't bring it up.

#23 OFFLINE   shinytop

shinytop

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 163 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationPensacola
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:ShinyGray

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Folks, it is by Microsoft.  You can use their software and tell that nobody tested it in real life.  Navigate through explorer.  You double click on an folder and it opens the folder at the BOTTTOM of the window knowing you are looking for something in the folder.  Proof that MS know a hell of a lot more about selling software than they do creating software.

#24 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

When I use Explorer in Win 7 or 8 it opens exactly where it was the last time I used it, usually the middle of the screen.

#25 OFFLINE   CarpeNivem

CarpeNivem

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SE

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

I tried using MapQuest's "Send to Car" feature recently and it did NOT work. The error message wasn't helpful.

Then I realized that my Sync subscription had lapsed. Apparently, while free, that still requires annual renewal. You need to visit syncmyride.com and click that you want your free Sync subscription for another year. Yeah, you gotta say that. It doesn't just happen. :Sigh: Whatever.

Anyway, so with that done, I returned to MapQuest, and "Send to Car" works again! If anyone is having problems, try that.

#26 OFFLINE   fazzman

fazzman

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Vehicle:cmax

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

I used nav at first. Slow and cumbersome to get a address locked in. When i use voice it always has issues when the street address is off of a numbered road or highway. I'm back to using Google maps on my phone. The ford nav is already out of date, missing new roads that Google already has.

#27 OFFLINE   Kelleytoons

Kelleytoons

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 898 posts
  • Locationcentral Florida
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Maximis

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

Gee, I've always (at least so far) found it to be very responsive and easy to use voice for an address (then again, I'm using the latest version, A5).

• fazzman likes this

#28 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 180 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

I used nav at first. Slow and cumbersome to get a address locked in. When i use voice it always has issues when the street address is off of a numbered road or highway. I'm back to using Google maps on my phone. The ford nav is already out of date, missing new roads that Google already has.

Hi fazzman,

Please be sure to update our map provider, HERE, when you come across missing roads or POIs. Here's the link:

http://mapreporter.navteq.com/

You can also use the SYNC Destinations app if you have a subscription to SYNC Services and your phone is compatible with the app. Here's more information:

http://support.ford....nc-myford-touch

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

#29 OFFLINE   fazzman

fazzman

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Vehicle:cmax

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

Thank you Rebecca. Not keen on a subscription service though. Kellytoons the voice does work well most of the time. Some addresses do give me problems. I do have the A5 card. Would be great if we could get android on mft.

#30 OFFLINE   JohnTrigger

JohnTrigger

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:13 PM

It looks like classic mapquest will no longer be available starting in July 2016, and thus you can't send directions to your sync navigation system from Mapquest any longer.as you must access the classic website not their new Mapquest website.  I liked this feature and I wish Ford would work with Mapquest to enable it on their new website.

This "error message" now shows up as of June 2016:

Beginning July 2016, this version of MapQuest will no longer be available. While we will no longer be offering Send to Car, you can send directions directly from the new MapQuest.com to any mobile phone, directly from the web page. Or, download one of our mobile apps directly on your mobile device. Questions? Please see our FAQs.

Edited by JohnTrigger, 10 June 2016 - 11:15 PM.

• Bill-N likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·