GFrans1

I've owned my CMax about a month, have charged it at least 25 to 30 times. Four times when I plugged the charging cable into the fender socket, it did not start charging. Has anyone else had this problem? I will be taking it in for service tomorrow and hope the computer remembers this problem. The last time it happened, I still had about 4 miles left on the batteries charge, when it did not start, I touched the lock to open the door and when opening the door the charge started? I paid way too much for a vechile that does not work ( charge system ) when new! George

Welcome to the site.

I'm not an Energi owner but I have owned a plug-in (volt) and have been a former member for years.  The number one reason for charging faults is a poor or intermittent grounding issue.  The J1772 plug protocol won't allow charging if anything fails the handshake test while plugging in.  Before taking it in, I would suggest trying another wall socket or better yet on another wiring leg (different circuit breaker) and see if the problem persists.  

GOOD LUCK!

I've owned my CMax about a month, have charged it at least 25 to 30 times. Four times when I plugged the charging cable into the fender socket, it did not start charging. Has anyone else had this problem? I will be taking it in for service tomorrow and hope the computer remembers this problem. The last time it happened, I still had about 4 miles left on the batteries charge, when it did not start, I touched the lock to open the door and when opening the door the charge started? I paid way too much for a vechile that does not work ( charge system ) when new! George

Hi George - a better place for this is the Energi version of this forum. It has a section for charging issues: http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/forum/22-batteries-charging/

Myself - I have never had problems at 110V.

Make sure you try turning off value charge (if you use the MFM mobile app or the MFT settings in the new version). That gets many people.

Edited by mipmapped