Platinum White Owners check-in

mtb9153

I'm curious who all drives a Platinum White SEL like I do.  I'd like to know the locations around the country if you care to share your geographical location. I'll start off with me...I'm in the South Bay area, San Jose California.  Hope to hear from other owners.

I am in Apex, NC (Suburb of Raleigh).  Since there are a few Platinum White owners here, I have a couple of questions.  I have noticed that the piece above the license plate on my car is painted white and not Platinum White.  I also have a fairly noticable mis-match between my rear bumber color and surrounding colors.  I was going to take it into Ford to check it out when the 3.5.1 update comes out.  I was just wondering if others are having any issues like this.  The color was an upgrade, and I don't think mis-matched panels and pieces of a different color should be expected.

I am in Apex, NC (Suburb of Raleigh).  Since there are a few Platinum White owners here, I have a couple of questions.  I have noticed that the piece above the license plate on my car is painted white and not Platinum White.  I also have a fairly noticable mis-match between my rear bumber color and surrounding colors.  I was going to take it into Ford to check it out when the 3.5.1 update comes out.  I was just wondering if others are having any issues like this.  The color was an upgrade, and I don't think mis-matched panels and pieces of a different color should be expected.

Here's a picture of our "White Platinum" piece above the license plate.

It is NOT "Oxford White."

I hate to say this...

30 yrs ago we were the victim of  (hhmmm how to be diplomatic) a ^#*ing dealer.

We bought a damaged NEW S10 Blazer. Dealer never admitted it but he couldn't explain the over-spray or window trim they never could get installed correctly, etc.

The painted metal and plastic on the cmax match much better than the White Chocolate on our 08 MKX.

I recommend you get a professional independent body shop to look at your car.

post-554-0-16394200-1368236395_thumb.jpg

Thank you for that pic and information.  I was a little concerned about that as well.  I really hadn't paid much attention to it in the beginning.  As the days are sunnier, you can really start to see a difference.  I will roll up under the bumper to see if I can see anything and I will drop by a body shop.  I hate to think they would have done something like that.  If they did, I am really the wrong person.  I love to stand up for what's right and I just happen to be good friends with the owner of a chain of regional body shops ;)

Strange the paint on my rear bumper and adjacent panels match the rest of the car perfectly.  The one with the Ford logo?  Directly above the license plate matches perfectly as well. Attached is a picture of my CMAX the day it arrived at my dealer

Edited by mtb9153

Strange the paint on my rear bumper and adjacent panels match the rest of the car perfectly.  The one with the Ford logo?  Directly above the license plate matches perfectly as well. Attached is a picture of my CMAX the day it arrived at my dealer

Thanks.  I think the pics shared here will help to make my case.  It will be interesting to see what I find.  I hope it was just a mis-match at the factory and not an accident.

'interesting I was born in Houston, 100 miles south of Houston would put you in the Gulf of Mexico?  Or is that south and to the west or east?  Towards Louisiana?  Or towards Corpus Christi?

Sorry. I meant south as you go down the coast, so technically southwest.

does the platinum white stay cleaner and is easier to wax and will last longer (wont oxidize as fast) due to the clear coat? its nice to see them add that option as most auto makers give the shaft to folks who love white cars.

my last 2 cars before my current one (now metallic grey) were white.i loved white as it kept the car much cooler in the summer and always looked clean, even when it wasnt. but i think the grey looks better as the chrome shows up better on the darker cars. not sure what  color my wife will end up getting for her c-max.