Platinum White Owners check-in

mtb9153

I live on a dirt road, so while I wash my vehicles frequently, I always resemble the character Pig Pen from the Peanuts cartoon within 24 hours of a wash.  However my experience has been that the road dirt is far less noticeable on a white car than any other color. Not to mention the issue of hard water here in Texas which leaves white water spots everywhere unless you squeegee the water off within about 12 seconds of getting the car wet.  White car...white water spots....much easier!  Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Southern PA.  Reset my lifetime mileage several weeks ago as the weather is getting warmer. I'm now doing 43 MPG, VS 38 MPG in the cold. It seems to be improving the more I'm driving. I only have 1500 miles on the car. I did take a 50 mile trip, mostly highway, and did 50.3 MPG. I may be moving to warm Florida, and there I hope I can do better.

Phoenix, AZ area.  I've personally had 3 White Diamond GM cars, including my current 2012 Lacrosse.  I really didn't want White Diamond, but that was what was available, for a good price, when I bought the Buick.  When shopping for the C-Max, we bounced around from Blue to Red to Black - definitely didn't want another white car...but guess what?  It happened again - the right car at the right time at the right price ended up being White Platinum, so that is what we ended up with.  When seen side by side, the White Platinum is definitely more white, and less cream/less warm than the White Diamond Buick.  It's a very practical for the desert - it's cooler and doesn't show the dust/scratches like a darker color

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the platinum white!   Madison, WI

Glad to hear from you in Madison, my GodMother lives in Monona off Bridge Rd.  Love that community, been quite a few years since I was there.  I washed mine tonight and sure noticed allot of nicks in the paint all over the body, not just on the hood.  Didn't realize they were there until I got all the dirt off the paint.  Part of ownership I guess?  Enjoy your Platinum White

My wife and I just took delivery of our C-MAX yesterday-our first new car in twenty-four years together.  We had to wait a week for our dealer to locate one with colors and options we wanted.

We are located in New York State between the Adirondack Mountains and the St Lawrence River.

Picked up our WP Tricoat on August 8th here in San Antonio, TX. The wife has already gave the front valance a little scrape. I was really bummed to see it this weekend when I gave her her first coat fo wax. Has anyone on here had any experience (good or bad) with either of these companies?

http://scratchwizard.net

http://www.paintscratch.com

Edited by ChuckJr

Picked up our WP Tricoat on August 8th here in San Antonio, TX. The wife has already gave the front valance a little scrape. I was really bummed to see it this weekend when I gave her her first coat fo wax. Has anyone on here had any experience (good or bad) with either of these companies?

http://scratchwizard.net

http://www.paintscratch.com

-Hi nice to hear from another WP CMax.  I know what you mean about getting it's first scrape.  I made the poor decision to rub my right front fender into the edge of my work bench in the garage which left me with a 4 inch crease in the sheet metal and further down the fender it caused a stress ripple which is really noticeable when the light hits it just right.  It is pretty much not possible to touch up our tri-color paint job, have to reshoot the affected portion unfortunately. However that one product demo video from scratchwizard does look promising as a possible cure for light scraps.  The things we do to our toys :drop:

Edited by mtb9153

Yes the scratchwizard looks cool but I would think it would work best on a standard paint car not our Tri-Coat.

The second link I gave, http://www.paintscratch.com, actually that kit comes with the basecoat, midcoat, and clearcoat paints to match. The problem I would see is when using the midcoat you have to start with a very thin coat and try to work up to the matching tint level of the rest of your car . This would of course require some trial and error.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New platinum white owner here with a 303a,moonroof-quipped Energi. 408 miles on the odometer and was able to skip the Costco fuel station yesterday!

These comments about the paint matching have me a little bummed, scratches and dings are a fact of life when you own a car. Taking mine to get tinted next weekend and will price out the 3M clear bra package. I'm not completely mental about my cars appearance, but if it's under $700-800, will strongly consider making the investment.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be waiting with great interest on how this works for you.  I accidentally created a huge scratch/gouge in my paint on the front bumper just below the grille opening with the Blue Ford oval.  Dug all the way through the paint and primer.  Very deep scratch about 2 inches long.  Of course I said "Ah Shoot" after doing it too, LOL.  I know absolutely no touchup will fix it but at least it will be less noticeable.

• 4 weeks later...