Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

SOUND SYSTEM QUIT WORKING TODAY

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 192 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

I had this happen yesterday. Maps would not work music norhing. Did three resets no help. Yurned the car off and let it sit. Still no help. Screen went black then all lit up but nothing worked. Was ready to pull the fuse. Restarted the car once more and everything works. Strange.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 432 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

Yesterday I had a strange occurrence yesterday on a trip.  I got into the car and

plugged my phone into usb to charge, started the car and the car connected to my wife's

phone (primary). Later while driving car was playing bluetooth via her phone and I pressed the

sync voice paddle and nothing happened (no bong).  I think sync got confused.

On the trip home repeated the same process and this time it worked as expected.

#23 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 188 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:54 AM

Microsoft software is just cool like that.. :)

#24 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 790 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Our radio has started acting up over the last few weeks.  You will be driving along and there will be a sudden loud burst of "noise", like static, for a split second.  Afterwards the radio won't turn on.  When you repeatedly press the volume knob to turn it on it will cycle between no response and flashing a bit of colored bars/box on the screen.  Restarting the car seems to fix it - so far.  It has been cold weather of course - don't know if problem is temperature related or if it just started on its own.  We do not have the touchscreen - 2013 SE.  Any ideas?

#25 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

Sounds like an intermittent connection.  Could pop open the dash cover and reseat/clean the connectors.

For the Microsoft problems maybe we need a reset button on the dash to temporarily  break the power 

so it will reboot.

Luckily ours has only glitched a couple times in 4.5 years and it fixed itself next time car was restarted.

#26 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 790 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Sounds like an intermittent connection.  Could pop open the dash cover and reseat/clean the connectors.

For the Microsoft problems maybe we need a reset button on the dash to temporarily  break the power 

so it will reboot.

Luckily ours has only glitched a couple times in 4.5 years and it fixed itself next time car was restarted.

If it keeps it up, I guess I'll have to try cleaning things but hate to think of tearing into the dash.

As to a reset button, that might be OK in a car but it reminds me of something from the early '80s.  I was working on avioncs for biz jets and we were just starting to use digital technology (microcontrollers) instead of analog designs.  Some of us had gone out to Cessna to discuss the latest design and it was suggest that a reset button be placed in the cockpit so the pilot could reset the system if it happened to "lock up"!  Well, that didn't fly at all with Cessna - no reset button!  We had to design an "activity monitor" to reset the processor automatically if it locked up.  Now-a-days these circuits are built in the microcontrollers and called "watchdogs".  If you don't properly "pet" the watchdog, it goes off and resets things.

#27 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Sounds like an intermittent connection. Could pop open the dash cover and reseat/clean the connectors.
For the Microsoft problems maybe we need a reset button on the dash to temporarily break the power
so it will reboot.

Spoke too soon, radio froze this morning. Popped out F79 fuse under glove box and its working again.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·