Center arm rest extender

AudenHoggart

No bashing...cmax is a very nice car and fit me nice.  Just had issues with the wifey not being to fit her tiny frame.  I love the discussions pros and cons and it does make you think of the stupid little things that eventually hit you on a long ride that you wouldn't care about on short point to point drive.

I know one day if hybrids are here to stay long term is that the words you used "work at it" and that they take it out of the experience of driving a hybrid.  Just remember the days when gas wasn't a factor and how much fun it was to drive a car...other than it breaking down...we as drivers shouldn't have yet another thing to work or worry about to obtain high mpg's that is what computers and machines should do for us. 

hahaha I know something as crazy as a center armrest as a deal breaker!  Well that should say kudos to Ford for creating a fine machine to take on the Prius.  For me and Ford I think their track record needs to win back my trust in them.  Lets hope they do and others like myself.

• 2 weeks later...

It just sucks that something in plain sight was overlooked.  Correction on the wife's height...it is 5foot 1inch so even in the SEL C-Max with the seat as high as it can go that armrest is useless and just didn't give her enough reach on the wheel.

I for one find it difficult to believe that the higher seating position than most cars didn't work out in her favor, but with the higher beltlines of cars these days, who knows...

Also one thing I didn't understand with the center armrest was the array of A/V connections in there.  

That brings up something that slightly surprised me: It has RCA jacks, instead of a more common 1/8th inch jack. I guess it's because it also supports composite video, but I imagine it would be far more common for people to use the 1/8th inch jack. 

I traded my 2010 Prius for a 2013 C-Max Energy.  I really miss the sound of kicking a tin can when I close the door of the C-max.  I think the door of the C-Max weighs as much as the entire Prius did.  Actually I sold my Prius to my son.  Very nice vehicle, but I like the C-Max Energi much better.  If I had a long drive to work, I would consider a Prius again, but I don't.  The only way I would consider a Prius V, is if it was available as a plug-in. 

• 5 months later...

After almost six months of inactivity, I am "pinging" this topic to see if I can bring it back to life. I would be interested in retrofitting the British Ford brand sliding console lid to my car. Anyone have any further experience with modifying their console armrest to extend it or make it slide or who have fitted the British part?

• 2 weeks later...

The arm rest issue was a problem for me because I have problems with my shoulders (as well as my hips) and I need a place to rest my right arm to support my shoulder.  Once I got my seat correctly placed, it has not been an issue for me at all.

I'm just under 5'4", and the one thing I noticed is that I tend to lift my seat as high as it will go because I like to sit high.  But when I read up on how to actually pick your proper seat height and distance from the pedal, it turned out to be a lot lower than I expected. 

The end result was that I can comfortably put my elbow on the arm wrest and put my right hand on the gear shift.  It works great.  

I miss my minivan, though.  I got to sit high and had a great arm rest.  But, horrible gas mileage.  :)