Seriously, WELCOME!!

Adair

I just checked and we've had over 100 new members just this month! Welcome to all of you, and we hope you enjoy the forum. Please take the time to read any of the topics that catch your interest. There is a ton of information here about the C-MAX, from the ground up! 

We are all owners here, many from back in the dark ages of the fall of 2012. Some as recent as last week or so. 

Feel free to post and ask question if you don't find your particular topic in the listed topics. We're a friendly, talkative bunch, MOST of whom love our cars.

Just for starters, here are a couple of links that may answer some of your questions...........or maybe provoke more, who knows?

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1751-jus-another-cmax-review/?hl=%2Bjus-a-cmax+%2Breview

Again, welcome!! We're glad you are here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes. I have researched about 5 months before buying. I really learned a lot from this forum. Salesman only had one other cmax. He didn't know much! I checked for the keys, and they were not there. From the forum, I knew that other people were missing them too. The dealer never heard of this, but ordered the keys. I told them, they should read this forum and learn about the cmax. Thanks for all the info, sure is useful.

It's not the first time we've heard it said that readers of this forum have more information quicker than dealerships............Ford would be well advised to have someone drop in and read from time to time.

Welcome Mamalou, and glad you found us!! Super glad we could make your experience go easier!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

New member here.  I drove my C-Max SE home on 11/16/12.  It's my first American brand vehicle in something like 40 or 50 years and I LOVE it!!!!  I live in the mountains of western North Carolina (highest elevations east of the Mississippi - I did NOT know that) and I just got to 42.2 m.p.g. yesterday.  Now that the engine is getting broken in, Winter has passed, and I use Empower mode, my m.p.g. goes up by 0.1 with every drive, all of them short trips.  This looks like a great Forum and I'll be happy to both share and soak up knowledge.  I'm going to wait a while to get the upgrades and headliner fix as this is a small town (Brevard, NC) and I want the dealer to figure it all out beforehand so I'm not the first.  I'm also looking for feedback from others here if the mileage upgrade makes any difference.

Thanks,

Donald Weiser

www.whitesquirrelart.com

Edited by dweiser

Good to join this forum.  Have had repeated dead battery problems with our C-Max Hybrid over the past few months, and it's good to know that I've not been alone with this issue.  After repeated service attempts, including replacing the battery and installing two ineffective TSBs, a Ford engineer communicating directly with the certified hybrid technician at Show Low Ford in changing the software may have solved the problem.  At least, the C-Max has been fine since the software remedy completed in late July.  Trust that the battery drainage problem will cease to be an issue since we really enjoy the vehicle in every other way.

Glad I found this forum - I read a couple of threads before joining - each one made me say "I didn't know it did that" and caused me to run out to the new C-Max to check it out.

I picked up my C-Max on Tuesday (8/13/13) and think it's awesome.  When I picked it up, it had 51 miles on it and the Avg MPG was reading 24.2.  As of this afternoon, it has 650 miles on it and the MPG is already up to 40.2.  I can see that it's already altered my driving habits - longer braking, no jack rabbit starts!  I'm looking forward to seeing how high I can get the Avg MPG.

Welcome Kristini!  Glad you love your C-Max, and driving it well it would seem with great MPGs.  I noticed a C-Max last night at a Seattle Mariner Game they are giving away for Fan Apprec. night - it had a road caution sign attached saying, Caution, you might fall in love...  

Enjoy the C-Max & this forum,  Nick 

PS  I think most people are giving the update credit for 1-3 MPGs.  It is very hard (impossible really) for any of us here to quantify.

Welcome MI C-max as well!

Hope your battery issues are resolved soon, jchaddpete. Welcome!

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Hello All

New to the Cmax and to forums. Live in central Missouri and just purchased a brand new ruby red Cmax sel for my wife, we traded in a 2009 ford flex limited and loved that car but since her new job has a commute of a 70 mile round trip mostly hwy the flex was only getting about 22mpg. when I started looking into new cars i do it differently than most, I test fit them first as i am 6'5 but only have a 32" inseam so i need head room oh and im a big boy at 325lbs

i drove every hybrid out there and being a conservative even a priusv

i wanted the fusion but could not get in the back seat, back seat you say i also have 3 kids at home 16 that is 6'5"

a 14 at 6' and my daughter 11 that is taller than mom already. now you under stand the test fit

the flex was awsome with 3rd row seating but out of the 20k miles she drives we are all in the car only about 1k a year

I saw the c max and wow it looks small from the outside but the inside is so much like the flex and that sold my wife, the kids have to learn how to sit together again but at least i can reach them from the drivers seat easier lol

Now for my questions

We havnt had to fill up yet so no report  on mpg other than each trip says about 38mpg 

Since the dealer didnt know to much i was wondering since the born on date say 7/13 will this car already have the software update?

thanks and sorry for any bad punctuations and spelling

chris

• 1 month later...

We have had our silver cmax since may 2013 , took 13 weeks to get here, we now have 5254.6

Miles on it with a avg mpg of 43.2 overall. Lowest mpg was 29 highest was 70 mpg. For 60 miles

In the mountains of wva and va. Interstate travel at aprox 70 to 75 mph in the mountains of West

Virgina is about 42 mpg. The best I can due on level roads ia about 45 mpg.

We bought the car to pull behind our moterhome. We have installed everything needed to pull it,

Blue Ox tow bar,Air Force one air brakes ( ha, a cmax with air brakes) LED light kit ib cmax

Tail light housing. I think this is the best car we have ever owned, powerful, silent inside,

Great seats, good looking, and great mpg.

Welcome Craig!!! And glad you found us! Do you mind if I as *how* you found us?

Sounds like you've learned your way around hybrid driving pretty well! Please read whatever threads interest you, and if you have a question that's not answered there, ask away! 

I'm in complete agreement with you........I think this is the best car I've ever owned! I call it my *Zen Car*. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have had my C-Max for a little over a month. Love driving it. I traded in my 2011Fiesta because it was getting a little difficult to get in and out of it. I loved my Fiesta but... Anyway, I take art classes and the extra room really helps when I'm hauling around all my art supplies. Love the fuel economy. I get around 44mpg driving mostly city miles.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am a new member. Pickup a new 2013 C-Max SE last Friday. Ice Storm. Have driven it 245 miles to date. I really enjoy driving this car. Unfortunately yesterday afternoon

when I went out to start the car the battery was totally dead. The button on the key would not even open the drivers door. I used the key and opened the door but no lights,

no nothing. Real bummer! Car was towed to the nearest dealer. Have not heard anything from them yet. Looks like the list of dead batteries has just gotten longer.

Hi,

I am a new member. Pickup a new 2013 C-Max SE last Friday. Ice Storm. Have driven it 245 miles to date. I really enjoy driving this car. Unfortunately yesterday afternoon

when I went out to start the car the battery was totally dead. The button on the key would not even open the drivers door. I used the key and opened the door but no lights,

no nothing. Real bummer! Car was towed to the nearest dealer. Have not heard anything from them yet. Looks like the list of dead batteries has just gotten longer.

JacksMax,

Let me see how I can help with this. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look at some options.

Ashley