Seriously, WELCOME!!

Adair

The battery on my 2013 C-Max SE was dead the other morning.  Unfortunately I had an appt. with the eye doc that I had to cancel.  Ford Roadside came (in about 5 hours)(lucky for me I was home) and trucked it to the dealer.  They charged the battery but could find nothing wrong so I'm expecting it to happen again.  Car is always garaged.  I love this car BUT I am tired of all the trips to the dealer for the many many recalls.  If Ford would buy it back from me I'd buy a Focus.  Even tried to drive one with my salesman but, guess what? ...... the battery in the Focus was dead when he went to start it.

Oi-Vey Ford, what ever happened to Quality being Job #1?????????????

The battery on my 2013 C-Max SE was dead the other morning.  Unfortunately I had an appt. with the eye doc that I had to cancel.  Ford Roadside came (in about 5 hours)(lucky for me I was home) and trucked it to the dealer.  They charged the battery but could find nothing wrong so I'm expecting it to happen again.  ...

dweiser,

I saw that you sent me a PM about this, and I responded with a couple of follow-up questions. Take a peek at your inbox. :)

Ashley

Welcome, Nutter!

If you haven't already looked up your car, here's the link to Ford's etis site - technical information and services. Click the vehicle link, input your new VIN, and you'll learn all about your new car as it came from the factory (link for minor features is imiportant), as well as any outstanding service actions. One thing a lot of us look for is "immersion heater," the engine block heater. Mine says "Less immersion heater" and I do miss it. Conversely, we'll both enjoy "With roof conversion - panorama roof..."

The other thing is Ford support. Your car can tell you how it's doing through the vehicle history report. Support.Ford is where I get my reports, as well as scheduling service and taking advantage of any "web specials." Plus, the PDF Owners' Manual is a lot easier to use (searchable) than the paper copy.

And then there's Ashley, this Forum's Ford advisor. You met her just before posting!

Enjoy,

Frank

Welcome, Nutter!

If you haven't already looked up your car, here's the link to Ford's etis site - technical information and services. Click the vehicle link, input your new VIN, and you'll learn all about your new car as it came from the factory (link for minor features is imiportant), as well as any outstanding service actions. One thing a lot of us look for is "immersion heater," the engine block heater. Mine says "Less immersion heater" and I do miss it. Conversely, we'll both enjoy "With roof conversion - panorama roof..."

The other thing is Ford support. Your car can tell you how it's doing through the vehicle history report. Support.Ford is where I get my reports, as well as scheduling service and taking advantage of any "web specials." Plus, the PDF Owners' Manual is a lot easier to use (searchable) than the paper copy.

And then there's Ashley, this Forum's Ford advisor. You met her just before posting!

Enjoy,

Frank

Thanks, just looked up our car and noticed the following:

With Roof Conversion-Panorama Roof - :)

Less Immersion Heater - :sad:

13B10 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION - Does this mean I could get the MPG payout even though I'm not the first owner? That would be nice :)

Edited by Nutter

Hello! I just purchased a 2013 C-MAX SEL with 23K miles on it. My husband Cris and I were Prius owners (2006 with 162K miles) and went to Carmax because our high voltage battery was on its way out and we were trying to decide if we wanted to repair or purchase a new one. We unexpectedly went home with the C-MAX instead. We both enjoyed driving it and Carmax had one that had a much nicer set of options than we could afford on the newer Prius. We drove the heck out of the two Toyotas we had with virtually no problems so I admit I'm a bit nervous about the brand switch, but I really did fall in love with the C-Max's amenities and power.

Of the two of us, I am the primary driver and found this forum when looking for info about the navigation system. I'll ask my question about the system elsewhere, but just wanted to say "hello" first!

~kim

I have had my Ruby Red C-Max for three weeks now. I found this forum after I went to get in my car yesterday and found the battery completely dead. So I would like to share some things about my experience so far. I will start by saying I want to really love this car.

I am very pleased to be making 38 mpg considering I have not yet educated myself on how to get the max mileage on this car. This is my first new car in 25 years and my knowledge of hybrids is zero. So I know that the end result will be upwards of 38, that's fantastic in my opinion. Also the car is a blast to drive, has a very quality feel to it and is easy to park.

Now for what has me uneasy. First thing is I travelled 220 miles from home to make this purchase. I saved several thousand dollars but not sure it will be worth it if I will have to depend on local dealership service extensively, and it is looking like that may be the case. I already have the musty odor that others are talking about and have had to use roadside assistance twice.

The second day I owned the car, I believe it locked itself, I wish I could be 100 % certain, but I am not, anyway extra key, along with my purse was locked in as well. Roadside assistance was fantastic. Then yesterday battery completely dead when I went to start car from home in the garage. I have the se, no extras model. I will be taking it in tomorrow to have battery looked at and see about the dirty sock smell. I would certainly be more confident if I had actually purchased the car locally, anyone else have experience with this?

SThompson...Welcome to the forum.

I too purchased my base SE CMax from an out of town dealer, and like you, also had dead battery. I took CMax to my local dealer (not selling) dealer, and they had no problem servicing my vehicle. They replaced battery, reprogrammed Body Control Module (BCM) and performed parasitic load check (passed). Your local dealer should do the same, even though you did not buy the vehicle there. One comment...if possible, try and take car to Ford shop that has experience with CMax...not all dealer shops are that familiar with CMax.

We have not had any problems with our C-Max, so we can't relate to yours SThompson, but we really wish you well in getting your issues resolved ASAP.  There are many helpful threads here on problem areas, esp. battery failures.  Best of luck, keep the dealer responsible, be diplomatic, kindly, but firm as a rock. 

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, and I wish you a wonderful time!

As a new hybrid owner, you now qualify for the Hybrid Games (no not the Ford marketing stuff, real games...)

The Mileage Game: how many miles can you get on 1 tank of gas?

The Capacity Game: how much furniture, gardening supplies, or luggage can you fit in a C-Max

The Modification Game: what little do-dad or add-on can you find that everyone will want.

Danger, when combined with the Mileage Game, this can lead to bodywork... voluntary bodywork, but bodywork nonetheless!

You now have a car where engine speed has nothing to do with car speed. Accelerate briskly and all is well. Accelerate modestly and you'll find youself speeding, because modest acceleration will continue long after you're going fast enough.

The basic paradigm shift: Conserve Energy in All Forms! Climbing a hill stores energy better than the battery.

The good advice: Learn The Instruments. They'll tell you what you want to know about the engine, the battery, and which you're using at the moment.

And if you haven't met Jus-A-C-Max yet, you still should read his FAQ! He brings new meaning to the word "feather."

HAve fun,

Frank

Just TODAY picked up my new 2013 C-Max SEL.  So happy to be the owner of an American-made car for the first time ever, and also to be a first-time hybrid owner.  Yay me!!  Thought I'd better sign up here and learn all I can.  Completely thrilled to be a hybrid owner!!!

Welcome aboard! Is there a chance that I might see you on the road? I live in Miami Beach.

My wife loves her new C-Max. She thought it would be difficult to move from her Explorer to the C-Max but the transition has gone well. As you all know the cabin is really roomy. I've added a Class II hitch so we can haul our bikes, or install a cargo platform to haul her potting soil, mulch or plants. The improvement in MPG helps offset 2/3rds of our payment.

We did have our first dead battery ordeal after just 2 weeks of operation, not fun. Hope that is resolved.

Now to find a thread on SYNC. I think ours is deaf.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in to give a one month update on our 2013 White Platinum SE. Solidly running at 47.1 MPG on rural Tennessee roads. My aggressive driving wife has transformed into a long braking, gentle accelerating fiend. I guess the flip-flops help with proper state of mind to maximize fuel Econ. Not even missing her 283K mile Explorer. Thanks FORD!

Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2014 C-Max Hybrid SEL. Traded in my 2013 Escape SE due to recall issues.

Interesting move !

I have long maintained that the C-Max is essentially a hybrid version of the 2013 Escape.  Others disagreed.

I would be extremely interested to read your personal comparison review of the C-Max and the 2013 Escape (mpg and recall issues aside).

Edited by Smiling Jack

... My aggressive driving wife has transformed into a long braking, gentle accelerating fiend. ...Thanks FORD!

Sadly, the C-Max has only made me even more aware of her jack rabbit starts and last-minute brakes. Conversely, I'm the one who's less aggressive, even if I've long used hybrid acceleration and braking techniques in normal driving, as a lot that can go wrong when you're aggressive at speed!

Have fun,

Frank