Seriously, WELCOME!!

Adair

Finally ready to pull the trigger on a new 2015 SE in Magnetic. Wife and I test drove it over the weekend and she was impressed on how nice the interior was...expecially the heated seats. Since this thing has been sitting on the lot for almost two years, is there anything that might be wrong with it? It's new but has 130 miles on it...seems weird that it hasn't sold.

I'd want to make sure the 12V battery and tires are good, particularly that the tires don't have spots where they've flattened out after being in the same position for so long. I'd likely also want them to do the maintenance that is required after one year -- change the oil, air filter, and cabin air filter. 

Just got a great deal on a 2016 SEL, Silver with charcoal black leather interior.  I'm really loving it so far!  What an upgrade from my "other hybrid".  The computer is telling me I'm getting 42-43 mpg combined so far.  Now I have to wait for the apple car play update later this year.  I'm really glad I went for it.  It's such a great car for a tall person.  

Just got a great deal on a 2016 SEL, Silver with charcoal black leather interior.  I'm really loving it so far!  What an upgrade from my "other hybrid".  The computer is telling me I'm getting 42-43 mpg combined so far.  Now I have to wait for the apple car play update later this year.  I'm really glad I went for it.  It's such a great car for a tall person.  

Congrats on the new car! I look forward to hearing your C-Max experiences and adventures.

Congrats on the new car! I look forward to hearing your C-Max experiences and adventures.

Thanks raadsel!   I can't believe this car is not more popular.  Every time I told someone I was getting a C Max, no one seemed to know what they were.  It's like Ford treats it like a red headed stepchild.  :)  They really need better advertising.  

So far, I am loving the electrically adjusted leather driver's seat.  I haven't been this comfortable in a car since the last Saab I owned.  I think this will be a great trip car.  

Thanks raadsel!   I can't believe this car is not more popular.  Every time I told someone I was getting a C Max, no one seemed to know what they were.  It's like Ford treats it like a red headed stepchild.   :)  They really need better advertising.  

So far, I am loving the electrically adjusted leather driver's seat.  I haven't been this comfortable in a car since the last Saab I owned.  I think this will be a great trip car.  

I owned a 2006 Ford Freestyle. It looked like an explorer, but lower to the ground, and it was cheaper and better for in town use (like most folks actually USE an Explorer). Ford refused to advertise it, and it sold poorly. They eventually slapped a new body on it and it has been successful as the Flex.

Anyway, the C-Max reminds me of that one, but in this case I'm not sure why Ford isn't advertising the car. Maybe they would rather sell the Fusion or Escape?

I owned a 2006 Ford Freestyle. It looked like an explorer, but lower to the ground, and it was cheaper and better for in town use (like most folks actually USE an Explorer). Ford refused to advertise it, and it sold poorly. They eventually slapped a new body on it and it has been successful as the Flex.

Anyway, the C-Max reminds me of that one, but in this case I'm not sure why Ford isn't advertising the car. Maybe they would rather sell the Fusion or Escape?

I think they got off to a bad start having to downgrade the gas mileage twice in the past.  They really should take advantage of the fact the Consumer reports now lists it as a recommended vehicle.  

I think they got off to a bad start having to downgrade the gas mileage twice in the past.  They really should take advantage of the fact the Consumer reports now lists it as a recommended vehicle.  

I think that is one issue, but I think the larger issue is gas prices. People really aren't interested in hybrid vehicles when gas prices are $2 per gallon. Rising gas prices have increased the interest in hybrids but they are still having to discount hybrids heavily to sale them. 

I think that is one issue, but I think the larger issue is gas prices. People really aren't interested in hybrid vehicles when gas prices are $2 per gallon. Rising gas prices have increased the interest in hybrids but they are still having to discount hybrids heavily to sale them. 

There are big discounts.  That's why I bought mine now. I got an extra $1000.00 off because I was trading in a Prius.  Also, 5 year 0% interest loan.  

• 2 weeks later...

.................. What an upgrade from my "other hybrid".  ................................  I'm really glad I went for it.  It's such a great car for a tall person.

Welcome VKB.  Could not agree more !  Enjoy the new ride - a more well rounded hybrid with power 'on-demand', solid feel and great road manners.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome VKB.  Could not agree more !  Enjoy the new ride - a more well rounded hybrid with power 'on-demand', solid feel and great road manners.

Nick

Thanks Nick!  I agree about the power, solid feel and handling.  Also, the interior has a really nice feel to it.  I almost feel like I'm driving a luxury car now.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

We purchased a 2015 Ford Certified Pre-Owned C-Max Hybrid SEL on Monday.  It is Ingot Silver with charcoal black interior, has 25.9k miles and an original delivery date of 05/17/2015.  We also purchased a Ford Protect PremiumCare ESP that will cover most components until 125k or May 17, 2023.  The C-Max replaces a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS that we purchased new in January 2005.  The Maxx had ~123k miles and needed some minor body work.  We were VERY satisfied with the Maxx and would likely have purchased another if that had been an option.  Alas, since a replacement Maxx was not available, after six months of research and test drives, my short list consisted of a C-Max Hybrid, a Mazda CX-5 and a Nissan Rogue.  (We rented a Chevrolet Trax for a week earlier this month.  It was okay, but not remarkable.)  We wanted to try a hybrid, and I decided that the appearance of a CPO SEL in one of my preferred colors was an omen. :)

This car seems to have the potential to meet the high level of satisfaction that the Maxx provided.

-HANK RYAN-

Norman, Oklahoma  USA

We purchased a 2015 Ford Certified Pre-Owned C-Max Hybrid SEL on Monday.  It is Ingot Silver with charcoal black interior, has 25.9k miles and an original delivery date of 05/17/2015.  We also purchased a Ford Protect PremiumCare ESP that will cover most components until 125k or May 17, 2023.  The C-Max replaces a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS that we purchased new in January 2005.  The Maxx had ~123k miles and needed some minor body work.  We were VERY satisfied with the Maxx and would likely have purchased another if that had been an option.  Alas, since a replacement Maxx was not available, after six months of research and test drives, my short list consisted of a C-Max Hybrid, a Mazda CX-5 and a Nissan Rogue.  (We rented a Chevrolet Trax for a week earlier this month.  It was okay, but not remarkable.)  We wanted to try a hybrid, and I decided that the appearance of a CPO SEL in one of my preferred colors was an omen. :)

This car seems to have the potential to meet the high level of satisfaction that the Maxx provided.

-HANK RYAN-

Norman, Oklahoma  USA

Congrats on the C-Max. And if you could eat an onion burger for me....  ;)

• 2 months later...

Well, this forum seems to be dead.  If anyone drops by, I am wondering if the front passenger seat from the current Ford Escape will interchange with the C-Max.  They look very similar and the tracks seem to both have 16" spacing.  My wife has critical of the lack of adjustment (especially, no power) for the front passenger's seat.  I might be able to find a near new Escape seat in a salvage yard.  I doubt the C-Max wiring harness has a connection for a power passenger seat.  But that should not be difficult to deal with.

-HANK RYAN-

Norman, Oklahoma  USA

Well, this forum seems to be dead.  If anyone drops by, I am wondering if the front passenger seat from the current Ford Escape will interchange with the C-Max.  They look very similar and the tracks seem to both have 16" spacing.  My wife has critical of the lack of adjustment (especially, no power) for the front passenger's seat.  I might be able to find a near new Escape seat in a salvage yard.  I doubt the C-Max wiring harness has a connection for a power passenger seat.  But that should not be difficult to deal with.

-HANK RYAN-

Norman, Oklahoma  USA

Welcome.  If you do that, it would be great to start a thread about it.

I am not sure why you say the forum seems to be dead.  There are new posts added pretty frequently.  If your "new content" does not work, you might want to try playing with the stuff on the left side of the new content screen - by content type, by time period, other.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New C-max hybrid owner in AZ here. Ruby Red SEL with glass roof and 302A package. It's my wife's car really. She test drove at least 8 different vehicles before deciding on the Ford. Coming from a diesel VW which is going back to VW on Dec 1st.  :(

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

Welcome AZgman !

(Just me perhaps, but H___ (strongly dislike in pc lingo) those stinking diesels all over Europe fouling the air)

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 9 months later...