Ford Etis Website - Check It Out!

• 3 weeks later...

I had the 13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE done on 19 June and the service tech said the upgrade fried my Navigation module.  Once the new part came in yesterday, I was told to come in and it would be a two hour appt.  6 hours later I called for an update and sure enough the tech fried the new Nav module too.  Still waiting. Good thing I have a loaner.  Bad thing is that it is not a C-Max.

Phew, all these weird stories about the upgrade, you have to wonder if these dealership service department are up to the task of servicing these new model of cars, huh.  Frying? Thank god for Galpin they don't do this with mine or many other Cmaxs in the valley. Sorry to hear about this sdaustin, at least you got a loanerand new pcb/components. 

My dealer had difficult time uploading the 3.5.1 because they were using the dealer's wifi and it kept losing the signal and crashing the computer.  The tech then found that the business office down the hall had a hardwired connection so he went out and bought a long ethernet cable and hardwired his computer in the shop bay.  From then on, he had no problem updating my C-Max.

I had the 13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE done on 19 June and the service tech said the upgrade fried my Navigation module.  Once the new part came in yesterday, I was told to come in and it would be a two hour appt.  6 hours later I called for an update and sure enough the tech fried the new Nav module too.  Still waiting. Good thing I have a loaner.  Bad thing is that it is not a C-Max.

My dealer had difficult time uploading the 3.5.1 because they were using the dealer's wifi and it kept losing the signal and crashing the computer.  The tech then found that the business office down the hall had a hardwired connection so he went out and bought a long ethernet cable and hardwired his computer in the shop bay.  From then on, he had no problem updating my C-Max.

Makes me wonder if something similiar to what Joe experienced is really happening with sdaustin6483 and they are either lying or unaware of what's breaking.  Frying a Nav module makes no sense, they are doing something wrong.

I work in an industry where electronic modules often have to be reprogrammed to a new firmware version (similar to reprogramming the SYNC module).  In some cases, if the reprogramming is interrupted at the wrong time, the electronic module can be left in a state that cannot be recovered.  The technical term is "bricking" the module because the module becomes totally useless except for maybe using it as a brick.  I suspect the reprogramming was interrupted due to a slow Ethernet connection.  The reprogramming could also be interrupted if the 12 volt battery becomes discharged during the process. 

"Frying" an electronic module usually refers to the module being damaged by overheating (short circuit, bad wiring, or faulty module component).

I work in an industry where electronic modules often have to be reprogrammed to a new firmware version (similar to reprogramming the SYNC module).  In some cases, if the reprogramming is interrupted at the wrong time, the electronic module can be left in a state that cannot be recovered.  The technical term is "bricking" the module because the module becomes totally useless except for maybe using it as a brick.  I suspect the reprogramming was interrupted due to a slow Ethernet connection.  The reprogramming could also be interrupted if the 12 volt battery becomes discharged during the process. 

"Frying" an electronic module usually refers to the module being damaged by overheating (short circuit, bad wiring, or faulty module component).

Your right, I was thinking more along the lines of frying than bricking when I originally posted.

This is the first bricked NAV module we have heard of and we know of several dealers having problems with the install.  I still find it suspect, especially since it happened twice in a row.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just tried it and got in.  Found these three listed of which only the last one needs completing:

12M02 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCO L INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)
13B10 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
13C07 - RECONFIGURE INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER (IPC) MODULE

Edited by fotomoto

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone else check their Ford Etis profile lately and notice any obvious errors?

I checked after the most recent recall and ETIS now lists our 2013 C-MAX SE as a 2014 C-MAX Energi

All the extended details are correct, but the year and model are obviously incorrect. The image on the left is from a few months ago. The image on the right is a few minutes ago. Sorry for the fuzzy appearance, I did a quick side-by-side screenshot on my laptop with VIN number redacted.

post-1940-0-80889900-1412054764_thumb.png

Entering our same, correct VIN into the Ford site that generates the Monroney window sticker pdf file still shows the year and model correctly, so Ford didn't accidentally assign another vehicle with the same VIN number.

Edited by kostby