C-Max Romance and/or Sleeping Tips and Tricks

obob

C-Max Romance and/or Sleeping Tips and Tricks

How I set things up.

Back seats folded down. Pulled front seats forward and tilted them forward. That makes plenty of room for tall people laying down. Tall people can not sit straight up but shorter people can. The draw cover for the back pulls out and can be put up front. I put my spare tire outside. And with the seats forward there is a way to lay down on back with legs bent down in back of the front seats as well as other possibilities.

It would be good to have a sheet or cotton blanket to lay down because the rugs kind of have a brush burn risk. The floor is hard. A dense mat would solve that but that seems like too much bulk for me.

At one point my friend and I both heard a buzzing/motor sound that lasted about 8 minutes(best guess) with key off.  The motor had been off for awhile maybe 45 minutes to 90 minutes. Not sure what it was but it seemed to be coming from the car. I was concerned this was the infamous battery drainer but it did stop. I did turn the key on and off to see if that would stop it but it did not.

The C-Max had performance in this area better than I expected.  Not as good as a mini-van but mini-van-like possibilities.  It's like being in a small tent.

(No pictures)

Edited by obob

I think you sort of answered this, Did you run the air-conditioner?  Some prius owners with scan gauges determined that with light a/c use, it used approx. 3/4 gal per hr while parked so cost wise overnight camping was a very viable option to even the cheapest, roach motel.

I think you sort of answered this, Did you run the air-conditioner?  Some prius owners with scan gauges determined that with light a/c use, it used approx. 3/4 gal per hr while parked so cost wise overnight camping was a very viable option to even the cheapest, roach motel.

It was cool so I didn't need the air.  A window was cracked.  The windows did get steamed up and I was pleasantly surprised how the max defrost evaporated the condensation.

Air conditioning sounds like a great idea.  My only concern would be carbon monoxide from the exhaust.  Seems like an interesting option for a snooze at a rest area if I could aim the exhaust down wind and I could resolve my carbon monoxide concern.

Since the air conditioner runs off the HV battery not the engine, you could probably get a long time on the AC if you started with a high battery charge, before the engine would start to recharge the battery.

It would be interesting to find out what the max AC duration would be on a full charge.  But then it would depend on the temperature too.

At one point my friend and I both heard a buzzing/motor sound that lasted about 8 minutes with key off.  Not sure what it was but it seemed to be coming from the car. I was concerned this was the infamous battery drainer but it did stop. I did turn the key on and off to see if that would stop it but it did not.

I referred to this sound in the thread about silent approach to pedestrians.  Mine does this, too.  I don't think that it does it after shutdown; it only does this when I am on EV.

I thought it was related to the air conditioner.  However, if yours is off, I would guess that it is not.  :headscratch:

t one point my friend and I both heard a buzzing/motor sound that lasted about 8 minutes with key off. 

I and several others have noticed this.  I'm guessing it's the C-Max performing fuel system evaporation leak test(s).  These apparently need to be done after the car sits awhile so there is no pressure inside the fuel system.  There's some mention of these tests here (http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/491-check-engine-light/page-4) that may help.

Edited by Bill-N